Hydraulic spring perches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydraulic spring perches?

I was on the Tunerworks Calgary, alberta website and saw a set of Hydraulic ride height control spring perches for coilovers. They said it could adjust the height 45mm (1 3/4") and because it is hydraulic it doesn't effect your ride quality because it doesn't effect your spring rates low or high. 45mm is that enough to even help get over speedbumps.

Anyone using them or even heard of them before?

Gordo.

Just thought I would re-ask the question, but I will use pictures this time.
    Attached Files

Comment

i've heard of kw's setup, but i've also heard that there are issues. they're pretty expensive, too :X

Comment

its a great idea,but i havent heard it used much. seems expensive, and a lot of added weight for those who care. Interested to see what comes of the technology though

Flickr

Comment

Afazz's Mk3 is on a custom hydraulic coilover setup.

That's about the only car I know of. It's that and the KW HLS setups which are heinously expensive.

Comment

pneumatic cups seem like the better option to me.

Comment

tein had the same shit a few years back
              Disclaimer:
              I am rude, opinionated, and sometimes come off as a dick. I am just speaking my mind. If it offends you, PM me. Don't go whine to someone else. I am civil, talk to me, just dont be stupid.

and USE THE SEARCH BUTTON

Comment

I'd fab an unsprung accumulator setup instead. Works like a charm.
                sigpic

BMW M5 V8 1993
                Slowtoys CC

Comment

There is a brand new one coming to the market soon. One that replaces the collar, but still allows you to thread all the way down without losing any threading on the sleeve. It gives up to 2.5 inches of adjstability, and is much more affordable than the HLS system. Prototyping is currently in process and it will be ready within months for production. Stay tuned!

Comment

Keep us in the loop. That sounds exactly what I would want, especially the more affordable part.

Gordo.

Comment

Working...
                    X