Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

e28 euro headlights converted to HIDs? Halos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e28 euro headlights converted to HIDs? Halos?

I was wondering if anyone has converted to HIDs. I have euro haedlights on my E28 and would like to convert the low beam H4s to HIDs but still retain the large H4 look.
    I recently converted my motorbike (98 suzuki TL1000r) to HIDs . It was a fair bit of work but I can ride at night now with a tinted visor....wicked bright. They were the cheap ebay ones with the ccf halos, still great lights.
    I saw a cheap pair of lights on ebay that kept the H4 laens shape but had the projector in the middle of them. It may take a bit of space making in the back of the light housing to make them work.

I just thought I would thow it out there to see what has been done and what y'all thought on the subject. Also what you thought of Halos (angle eyes) on an E28?

Thanks , Gordo.

Mye28.com; search.

Comment

Puritan snobs not looking to upgrade, only to restore and preserve the past. My past experiences with them lead me hear.

Comment

I did this on my e30. I had sealed beam halogen lights oem. i bought some DEPO assemblies that housed H1 (i think) bulb. then I did a little wiring and cut some plastic. they came out well. dunno how much this will help you, but here are a couple pics from my e30 install. actually, they are links to posts where i have pics in them

Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Yes, the ones on ebay looked just like your high beam housings but were the larger e28 H4 lens sizes.
          It looks as though all went well on your conversion, are you happy with the light output and what K are your bulds? I went with 8000 hoping to get the light blue colour, I think I will go 10000 for the next set.
          Gordo.

Comment

Originally posted by flemcadiddlehopper View Post
            Yes, the ones on ebay looked just like your high beam housings but were the larger e28 H4 lens sizes.
            It looks as though all went well on your conversion, are you happy with the light output and what K are your bulds? I went with 8000 hoping to get the light blue colour, I think I will go 10000 for the next set.
            Gordo.
            the light output is great. HUGE difference. especially since i have trouble seeing at night, it makes my life so much less stressful lol. I went with 8000k, but i wanted 6000k. i wanted to have a more oem color. but they were back ordered on the 6000k, so i just had them send what they had in stock. If i didnt stop to take pics so often, the entire install would have taken about 30-45mins

Comment

I built a vaccuum forming table to make the clear lens for the conversion on my bike, so I might be able to make lenses for the E28 and then make my own Halos (i just love the stuff you can learn on youtube) then install the projectors in the back of the original reflector housing.
              I just want to have lots of light, like you say it releaves alot of stess being able to see better. I also would possibly like to lose one of the highbeams for an air cleaner intake. So if the new HIDs are high/low then I am not really losing any light.

Any thoughts on Halos on a E28? never mind the new Stance policy on just be nice...just be honest.

Gordo.

Comment

I dont even have bulbs in my high beam housings. the HID lows are so bright, i never would need them

also, no on the halos. i dont think it would look good at all

Comment

Thanks for your help .

Gordo.

Comment

Working...
                  X