Coil over settling??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coil over settling??

I just got a set of JOM coilovers, and last night went to instal, and i got the driver's side rear done, and before installing i put the adjuster all the way to its lowest setting, and plan to go up from there. well here is where it sits...

10 hours after install

lowest setting.

i was so mad i didnt do the other 3

i called the dude i got them from and bitched, and he said they have to "settle" and it will be low.

well i googled the fuck out of the issue today, and everything im finding says they should settle almost instantly...

wait, so the other side is still on the stock suspension?
    Jason
    flickr
    build thread

Comment

Originally posted by VicSkimmr View Post
      wait, so the other side is still on the stock suspension?
      no no no look how low my car is in my sig. thats with cut springs. so the other 3 corners are on cut springs. still slammed

Comment

I wouldn't drive it with 3 cut and one corner high...

Should just man up and pull the rear springs out all together.
        Originally posted by anth
        Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxer View Post
          I wouldn't drive it with 3 cut and one corner high...

Should just man up and pull the rear springs out all together.
          i have not driven it, i put the one set on, and was pissed, and went inside. trying to finish it tonight, but it so high. wtf was the point of coils

Comment

Technically that isnt a coilover as the shock is seperate from the spring. You bought a set of height adjustable springs.... Ones that are extremely whack.

Comment

well, the rear suspension on e30s are a little different than normal. it's basically just a spring, so with coilovers you just get a spring with an adjustable collar under it. so unless your new coilover springs are super short (which it obviously wouldn't be with that cheap of a coilover), it won't compare to your cut springs.

edit: damn you oxer
              Jason
              flickr
              build thread

Comment

well it came with shocks as well. but the fronts are def regular coilover style

Comment

edit: damn you oxer

Comment

Originally posted by Oxer View Post
                    any ideas on what i should do?? keep them anbd cut the springs? or get my money back

Comment

Originally posted by Vegas13 View Post
                      well it came with shocks as well. but the fronts are def regular coilover style
                      yeah but they're separate. the shocks aren't what is preventing you from going low in the rear, it's the rate/size of the spring. i'm in the same situation, i want to go lower but i don't want to cut my springs, so i've got to either find smaller springs or figure something else out.

the fronts should work better. the handling should definitely be better at least.
                      Jason
                      flickr
                      build thread

Comment

yeah but they're separate. the shocks aren't what is preventing you from going low in the rear, it's the rate/size of the spring. i'm in the same situation, i want to go lower but i don't want to cut my springs, so i've got to either find smaller springs or figure something else out.

the fronts should work better. the handling should definitely be better at least.
                        well looks like im cutting them then. which is fucking dumb. i got these to NOT have to cut. and have control over height at anytime

Comment

pull out the pads and adjuster.
                          and by your sig, the car does not seem "slammed", lowerd yes, slammed no.
                          -Instagram@jdjurhuus
                          Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegas13 View Post
                            any ideas on what i should do?? keep them anbd cut the springs? or get my money back
                            thats your decision...

I would pull them out all together and ride stops, but Im silly like that.

Not a whole lot of point in cutting those when you already have a set cut, and there really is fuck all adjustment in those anyway, dont know why you would even need the adjustment if cops dont care how low your car is...

Comment

Originally posted by Zic View Post
                              pull out the pads and adjuster.
                              and by your sig, the car does not seem "slammed", lowerd yes, slammed no.
                              That would gain maybe 20mm... LOL

Needs another 3-4 inches.

Comment

Working...
                              X