D2 Coilovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D2 Coilovers

So, I'm up to get my coils so I can put them on b4 it gets HELLA cold up round these here parts. My first 2 choices were KW V2's and Pedders, both being around $1700. Then, I came across some D2's which look like the old Megan Racing units with just different paint (purple) and badging. So, I'm a bit familiar with Megan, and for my needs, they work. Anyone got any info on D2's?

I know I'm the only one (or 1 of 2) LX's on this forum so I'm more looking for a company/product overview than for specifics on my car since no one else on here has it. I tried both 300c forums and apparently they don't mod...much.

http://www.octanemotorsports.com/pro...098#googlebase <<<<----pics for reference found here

Any help is much appreciated.
    stanceworks: I don't really fit in.

maybe it's just me.

Comment

Go all out or nothing. If not you will hear all this noise when your driving.

Comment

K-Sports and D2's are both manufactured in the same plant, and are more or less identical to one another, save for the color/finish. My advise: if your just looking to use coilovers to achieve ride height/slamming it.....K-Sports and D2's will work fine. If you want a coilover for superior handling, then i'd look elsewhere.

My roomate is getting ready to buy some D2's for his '06 STI so we'll see how it goes.
        MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
        Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

From what I have heard D2s dont last at all

Comment

I'm only doing it for the look. 300C's handle like bricks. GOOD suspension makes them handle like....well....slightly better bricks. So, for performance, I'd get another car. This is simply a DD (for the most part) and family/grocery hauler that I want to look a bit better.

Comment

I know it's been a minute since a post was here, but here you go..lolol

I'm a D2 fanatic. I sought after a set for my Civic I built, and they were excellent. Enterchangable spring rates for a more aggressive or more comfort ride. 36 way dampening adjustments. Change the ride height with the bottom half so you won't lose you're strut travel. I plan on getting them for my E34 within a few months. I just love the company and stand behind their products

Comment

Thanks for the imput homie. I've pretty much decided that I'm going with these but it's nice to hear an endorsement for them.

Comment

d2 and k sports are supposed to be great expecially for the money, they have alot of cars in road racing events like time attack too.

BAR / TheIllu510nEvo<-- check it out

Comment

yEAH. I won't be doing any road racing with the 300. Looks like they're on order for Janurary. Now I gotta save up for (and decide on) some wheels and I'll be set like Chet. Good times.

Comment

I had k sports for the past 9 months and was very happy with the drop. Plus, If you want to bag your car in the future, you can use UA Aerosport bags over the front coilovers for an unbelievable drop. If they go out in a year or so, the front struts can be replaced for around 200 shipped, all you need to do is move the collars and camber plates over to the new struts. The ride quality is going to be 100x better on KW, Tein, etc, but if you're on a budget these are definitely worth it. Oh and customer service is awesome.

Comment

i paid 800 shipped for brand new D2 coils for my rsx. And they slammed my car and have not made any noises. They are a good product in my opinion

Comment

How long you been slammed kemosabe.

Comment

I just got mine yesterday

Drift spec

I went for the drift spec mostly because they are made thicker then the street version...

All that stuff on the net about braking them... well that was couple of years ago... there was a problem in construction which was solved in 2004, so it's all grood now... (info from a trusted source from driftworks forum)

Here I am going in for air time tuck

I luv em!
                            Last edited by da_force; 01-09-2010, 11:40 AM.

Comment

I wouldn't touch D2s with a 10 foot barge poll have installed a number of sets here in NZ and had so many of them coming back with broken parts including the main shock shaft of which I saw ones that had bent, seized and even snapped in half. This was a couple of years ago now maybe the standards have gone up but I personally still would never get a set
                              Tyres are just annoying rubber bands that get in the way of going lower and wider

Comment

Working...
                              X