No announcement yet.

Lowtec 'Street' & 'Race' coilovers....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowtec 'Street' & 'Race' coilovers....

I emailed them last night asking about the spring rates for these kits for the E36 2/4dr. The STREET kit has F/R rates of 50/70 kg/cm(280/392lb/in) respectively. The Race kit has F/R rates of 60/80 kg/cm(336/448lb/in) respectively. These do not sound heavy at all, and seem as if they would be entirely streetable. The roads in Germany are far far better than those in NY. Lowtec makes a very nice product, the price is nice and they stand behind it. They can do custom front spring rates but the rears must remain the same, probably having to do with the TUV process OR the perch/threaded sleeve setup. Should I stick with their rates for the RACE setup, or alter the front one??

Definately go race at least, thats not that stiff. maybe bump up the front a little bit but you dont want it to get too unbalanced.

Flickr

Comment

i goz Race...but changing the front will cost me about 160euro on top of the kit...and I still need rear camber arms, proper wheels/tires, the BIG TUV inspection, windshield, registration, pay yearly taxes, and any as of yet unseen issues(other worn suspension parts).....but first things first, some Stance...will post before pics after I get it on the road, I have to sell my E30 first.

Comment

Working...
      X