E36 Ellipsoids - Worth It?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E36 Ellipsoids - Worth It?

I've been thinking about it and I would like to get some DEPOs or DJ Auto/something of the sort for teh E36 from DDM, since HIDs are included anyway. You guys with E36s, what are your thoughts?
    Originally posted by da3bous
    I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Its $100 or so, of course its worth it.

Comment

If you want to run HID's/xenon then projectors are a must. You don't want to run xenon in an open parabole unit, like 90% of the VDub's and Honda's do.

Which in Holland has now lead to a new rule. Aftermarket xenon is now (as of May 2009) illigal if you run them in none xenon specific lightunits. Which of course is nearly every light cluster that didn't come stock with xenon.

So that sucks.

2 years ago I straight swapped my ZKW H7 open parabole units for older H1 ZKW projector units, specially for runinng xenon. If I have to revert back to the halogen H1 bulbs, I have 3x as less light as with the H7 lights. Oh the irony.

The projector unit is of older design, and was upgraded with teh H7 units. Funilly enough, this was just before xenon came to market, so now the old projector style units are in favor.

But since xenon didn't exist for the E36, these projector units don't have DR/DCR engraved into the lenses (but HR/HCR) which is the tell-tale sign of being none-xenon units.

So I'm staying with my stock 4300K hid instead of 6000K to keep the attention away from the cops. Ballasts are hidden too. They really have to have a major traffic check where they ask me to turn off the lights and turning them on. It's the only giveaway to my xenon.

*Click Sigpic For Journal*

Comment

Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
        Its $100 or so, of course its worth it.
        Just making sure

Comment

Yeah it's worth it i have a pic somewhere of the light output from my projectors with 8000k xenons, amazing difference over halogen bulbs.
          E36 M3 EVOLUTION-E36 328i TOURING

Comment

Depos or bust.

Comment

definitely worth it without a question.

Comment

Probably my favorite mod I ever added to my E36.

Comment

Originally posted by Pswirley View Post
                  Probably my favorite mod I ever added to my E36.
                  +1 that and the coils lol

Comment

Stance above all others

Mr. Belvedere

I want to buy your single 4x100 Ronal Racing center

Comment

Originally posted by TheNeek View Post
                      Stance above all others
                      Already have teh coils

Comment

Originally posted by ECKS///M3 View Post
                        Yeah it's worth it i have a pic somewhere of the light output from my projectors with 8000k xenons, amazing difference over halogen bulbs.
                        8000K doesn't have a high lumens rating. Above 6000K color temp, the actual effective light (lumens) drastically fall off.

*Click Sigpic For Journal*

Comment

It's worth it, if only to get rid of the cloudy plastic stock lights.

Comment

Don't waste your money on DDM projectors like I did. Get Depos.

Comment

Originally posted by MParallel View Post
                              8000K doesn't have a high lumens rating. Above 6000K color temp, the actual effective light (lumens) drastically fall off.
                              Seriously mate, you aren't educating me. I done my research before i parted with my cash, 8000ks are still bright enough to sacrifice some light output.
                              E36 M3 EVOLUTION-E36 328i TOURING

Comment

Working...
                              X