EBAY VR6 Front lip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EBAY VR6 Front lip?

So i neded up pickn the vr6 lip off ebay. its a bit longer than the regular lip that comes on the 93-98 jettas but for some reason it just doesn't wanna fit on there right. Is there any cutting you have to do to make it fit?

Once your stock lip is off the bumper you will see a small lip on the bumper that needs to be trimmed back about 3/8" or 1/2".
    Not everyone does this but you should also cut a V shaped notch into the corner tabs on the vr lip it will let it wrap around the bumper with more ease.

91 Golf Rebuild - slow as fuck right now

Comment

Originally posted by renngolf View Post
      Once your stock lip is off the bumper you will see a small lip on the bumper that needs to be trimmed back about 3/8" or 1/2".
      Not everyone does this but you should also cut a V shaped notch into the corner tabs on the vr lip it will let it wrap around the bumper with more ease.

i already tried the V notch's in the sides...ha so thats done. but ahh isee now. and it slides in and fits and locks good? im gunna be doing it at a buddies house and just dont wanna hack up the bumper for no reason. ha

Comment

Even if you somehow managed to hack it up you wont see it once the lip is on. You're shortening the distance for the vr tabs to fit properly into the bumper slots.
        91 Golf Rebuild - slow as fuck right now

Comment

Thanks man i appreciate it! Vegas knows i was getting pissed tryn to get this damn thing on and the site they give u for instructions...yea that didnt work

Comment

u got the wrong one (the golf one)

the jetta one is shorter then the golf one
            Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Originally posted by P78 View Post
              u got the wrong one (the golf one)

the jetta one is shorter then the golf one
              thats what i was tellin you bo...... i asked if there was a difference between the golf and jetta, and you said no!

we'll make this bitch fit. its honestly like not even a half inch difference

Comment

Working...
              X