99 E36 323is Exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99 E36 323is Exhaust

I have a 99 E36 323is. Looking for a much louder and deeper sound. I'm curious to know if I would need a whole complete exhaust system to really change the sound or is there something that can be done. I'm looking for something on the cheaper side, maybe $500 and under if possible? Any help will be greatly appreciated

magnaflow, well within your budget.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AWuiG_3zPA&feature=related"]YouTube - e36 w/magnaflow muffler[/ame]
    Originally posted by Kielan
    I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

Find a used Eisenmann race

Comment

Is that magnaflow just a muffler or a whole system.

I was thinking of welding a straight pipe from my down pipe to my muffler.

Comment

thats exactly what the setup is in the video. no cats or resonators. just the muffler at the rear.
          Originally posted by Kielan
          I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

just get a hi-flow cat.

the stock e36 323 exhaust already features a butterfly valve which is great.

:L
            Last edited by nykwhy2; 01-09-2011, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Probably going to go to a muffler shop, dont wanna screw with my O2 sensors.

How much do Hi Flow cats go for

Comment

I just have a rear ActiveAutowerke Gen 3 exhaust on my E36... it's somewhat quiet at idle until you give it gas then the thing screams... Brand new they're expensive (over $700 most places), but you can definitely find a used one in excellent shape for half that. IMO, stay AWAY from Rogue Engineering's DMS Exhaust... it makes your car sound awful (like a tin can)

Sorry, vids of cars revving in neutral don't give you any idea of how it sounds... the engine has to be under load... Here's a vid of an M3 with the AA Gen 3 rear exhaust. It sounds great and often adds a nice pop on the overrun even with stock headers, cats and all. It would be perfect for your 323. (This is not my car by the way)
                [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSo17Pt4xfY&feature=related"]YouTube - AA Gen III Exhaust[/ame]
                Last edited by MrFukengruven; 01-24-2011, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Any ides on where I can find a used one. Im thinking of just getting Magnaflow muffler with stainless steel tips. Some guys down at a relativity cheap muffler shop wanted 550 because the o2 sensors tend to screw with the check engine light so they order special High Flow cats for BMW's. I wnna stay away from just a muffler cause I dont think it will give me what I am looking for. What Im looking for is exactly what that video shows.

Comment

Those pops and crackles as he shifts into third turns me on.

Comment

I have a uuc tse and its amazing, sorry no sound clips. You cant go wrong with UUC products though
                      "This community is made up of people who strive to push the boundaries of the conceivable"

Comment

Originally posted by oHSo EuRo View Post
                        I have a 99 E36 bmw exhaust. Looking for a much louder and deeper sound. I'm curious to know if I would need a whole complete exhaust system to really change the sound or is there something that can be done. I'm looking for something on the cheaper side, maybe $500 and under if possible? Any help will be greatly appreciated
                        I agree with NegativeCamber. Magnaflow is very affordable for us people that can't the budget of other brand.
                        Last edited by werntonb; 02-28-2011, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X