Options to get lower?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Options to get lower?

Hey guys I have a 98 E36 M3 on Tien coilovers now the rear will go low enough but sadly the front will not and I refuse to have reverse rake is there anyway I can drop the front lower? its already cranked all the way down is cutting the spring from the top an option? or any other ideas?

Thanks guys im sure well come up with something

Zero Clearance Coilovers will solve that problem.
    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

I know.. I seriously wish I had the funds for those but in the mean time was thinking of either cutting the springs in the front not too much maybe 1/4 - 1/2 coil as im sure that will lower it much more than cutting lowering springs did. Was also wondering if I could take it somewhere and have more threads added? therefore allowing me to crank it down more?

Comment

Also would it be safe to remove one of the locking collars from the front? Or does that seem pretty dangerous? just trying to throw out ideas haha

Comment

You'll have to forgive my ignorance on E36 suspension and the TEIN units you're using, but you should be able to use the bottom bracket and spring perch/collar to lock against eachother, thusly eliminating 2 collars from the equation.

Comment

hmm not sure what you mean but ill jack up the car and try to see in a few minutes.
            Is it safe to run with just one of the locking collars and eliminate the bottom ones? or would that be a bit risky

Comment

did you cut the bump stop in half?
              -Instagram@jdjurhuus
              Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

Originally posted by Zic View Post
                did you cut the bump stop in half?
                No I have not figured its not bottoming out on it so it wouldnt make a difference?

Comment

Are your coilovers like this, with 3 collars and fully threaded?

Or like this, with just two collars to hold the spring up?

Comment

let me go take a quick picture but i believe the second one

Comment

yes confirmed it is the second one :/ is it possible to cut the spring? or would that cause it to not seat properly

Comment

No. Just, no.

The most cost effective solution that doesn't involve cutting springs or using shorter ones that will kill your suspension travel, is to sell these coils and get proper new ones.

Comment

Any recomendations to some budget friendly coilovers?

Comment

air???
                            Mike Alexander
                            Director of Marketing
                            Mike@AccuAirCS.com
                            (877) 247-3696

Comment

Originally posted by AccuMike View Post
                              air???
                              Eh not really feeling air for the M3 thats more of something I would have done to the 210

Comment

Working...
                              X