Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miata coilovers

Alright guys, I've got some questions.

Been searching around and haven't found a whole lot of info so i started a thread. Just bought a Miata and all i care about is getting stupid low without a horrible ride. I have had multiple civics with ebay springs and stock struts. While they may look ok sitting still, the ride quality was absolute garbage (obviously).

So here is my question: what is the best way to get slammed but not bounce/bottom out struts at every single bump or dip you come to in the road. how do Racelands ride? i know they go low and are wayy cheaper than say ksports, but if the ride is trash, id rather spend the extra money(im a high school senior who works in a pizza shop so money doesnt exactly fall of trees) Or does anyone have other suggestions?

I've searched some miata forums but those guys are more concerned with proper track setups than just being slammed. Any info is great guys, thanks!

Ride is trash when you're really low. Even with extended top hats, coilovers with an adjustable bottom mount are better. And Racelands are not aggressively sprung or valved for low ride height either. Racelands are pretty much equivalent to coilover sleeves, except they've done the fabrication work for you.
    Last edited by Guest; 12-23-2010, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Stupid low + quality + good ride = Stance GR+

It's what i'm rocking and I absolutely love them.

D2's and K-Sport's would be my second choice. Not quite as good in terms of qualtiy as the Stance, but they are reasonably priced, will slam the piss out of your Miata and ride ok.

As for Racelands. Please don't.
      MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
      Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

BC racing, recommend? Had them on my mirage and they were fine.

Comment

Originally posted by OSSHWA View Post
          Stupid low + quality + good ride = Stance GR+

It's what i'm rocking and I absolutely love them.

D2's and K-Sport's would be my second choice. Not quite as good in terms of qualtiy as the Stance, but they are reasonably priced, will slam the piss out of your Miata and ride ok.

As for Racelands. Please don't.
          Yeah dude! I was about to say Stance
          I just got my Stance GR+ Pros for the S14
          Can't wait
          OP get Stance, even if you have to wait a little longer, you won't be sorry
          Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

thanks for the reponses fellas.
            the car is my daily so i dont want my back broke everytime i hit a bump and i was having a hard time finding a thread like this one.

Comment

Try ClubRoadster, there are 6 million threads like this one, and lots of valuable info regarding all of the coilover options for Miatas,

Comment

Get Megan Ez street coilovers. They are new from Meagn i think.

I just got a miata month ago and im getting them. They have adjustable dampening also! I am pretty sure they go low too. I seen a pic of a slammmmed NA and he said he had Megans with all the colars in still..

They are 700 shipped on ebay. Or racinglab.com i think too.

Hope this helps. Im in the same boat as you.

Comment

^don't get the ez streets if you want to be slammed. They are called EZ street for a reason. They aren't aggressive enough to ride super low. If you just want to be tucking tire a tad, they will do just fine though.

D2 and BC are the way to go, imo.

my car on D2s
                  SLAMMED GARAGE
                  slammedgarage@hotmail.com

Comment

its a toss up between the meagns, d2's, or k sport and im slightly leaning towards k sport

Comment

D2 and KSport are the same. Go with whatever is cheaper.

Comment

^not exactly. The adjustment collars on the K-sport have less notches making adjustment a little bit of a pain in the ass, whereas D2s have over double the number of notches which make adjustment a breeze.
                        SLAMMED GARAGE

Comment

Originally posted by Petis View Post
                          ^not exactly. The adjustment collars on the K-sport have less notches making adjustment a little bit of a pain in the ass, whereas D2s have over double the number of notches which make adjustment a breeze.
                          I've never ever ever ever had a problem with the number of notches on K-Sports...

Anyways, the parts that matter are the same.

Comment

^i had the most issues when working on an older set, that was all grimey and hard to turn, on an accord that had a stabilizing arm directly obstructing movement with the spanner. It was such a pain in the ass.
                            SLAMMED GARAGE

Comment

I have tein basics on my na. No where near low enough.

Keep in mind you can also get isc top hats. It will help you get .5 inches lower, and allow more travel.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X