E28 Spacer/Fitment Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E28 Spacer/Fitment Help

Hey guys, I'm new here, but I'm a regular on MyE28, and I pop up on BFC occasionally.

I want to get my stance on, but I've got a couple of obstacles:

1. I'm on sport springs (modest drop from monster truck height to lifted Dodge Ram height) and can't afford coil overs any time soon.

2. I'd be spacing my current wheels - as said before, no dinero for baller wheels.

I've got some rear tuck action going on right now, but about a 3/4" gap at the front. I'd have to go down another inch or so to actually tuck some of the tire.

My wheel specs:

-Front: 17x8 et20

-Rear 17x9 et26

I'd like to get a mild, maybe-flush-but-definitely-no-poke offset front and rear.

I have a set of 15mm spacers lying around, so I figure I could run those up front, leaving those at et5, then get a set of 20mm spacers for the rear. Sound ok?

What I really need help with is offset and tire size. I think I can cut a coil off the front and work with my rear height.

You guys know your stuff, so I'll leave it to you to guide me.

Thanks in advance.

-1993 535i/5 NA-T

You can cut your springs if you want, as for spacers, put the 15's on and see how it looks...

Post some pics!

Comment

1. Trim or roll fenders till they're as thin as they're gonna get.
      2. 17X8ET0 in front would be no problem if you've got camber. If not, then you're only gonna be able to run about ET5-10. You can mess around with that...
      3. As for the rear, it depends on the tire size. But you can prob throw about 5-8mm of spacer to flush it. Even more if you have an adjustable rear subframe to give some more camber for clearance.

Again, this depends on tire size. I ran 17X8ET5 in front with 2 degrees of negative camber in front and had another 10mm or so to go. If you've got wide tires, obviously there will be some issues, so just judge one how much room you've got once you've got the fenders dialed in.
      Eatin' Babies

Comment

Thanks Austin. I'm on H&R Sports for now (and a while yet), so I've got some cutting to do, haha!

-1993 535i/5 NA-T

Comment

Working...
        X