lowering a truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lowering a truck

i have lowering springs in the front and 4inch drop blocks in the back,, anyone know how i can go lower without bags?

Some popular models have drop spindles available.

Some information about your truck would be useful for those trying to help.

Comment

i have a 93 mitsubishi mighty max,, n thanks man

Comment

pull one or two leaves out of your leaf pack to get the rear lower.

Comment

Drop spindles in the front, bigger blocks and removing leaf springs in the rear.

Comment

With out a notch, you will be limited to when the diff hits the chassis... I thought these were torsion bar front end?

The other option in the rear is as said, pull leaves out, which will make the ride very soft and floaty, or flip one of the smaller leaves over on the leaf 'pack' to make the leaf 'pack' straighter, therefore lowering the rear.

Regardless, the ride wont be comfortable.

You will also need shorter shocks.
            Originally posted by anth
            Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

could you go more into detail about 'flipping' one of the leaves to straighten out the leaf spring i've never thought of that and sounds like it would work.

Comment

im not to familiar with the rears in one of these but is the axel on top or on the bottom of the leafs. if its under, then flip it. put the axel on top. you might need to notch the frame to accomodate the axel tho. not hard i did it to a friends chevy.

is it 4wd? the front might be hard if it is

Comment

The front end should be a torsion bar set up. If it is, you just need to adjust the torsion bar bolts to drop the front. As far as the back, I think it is as low as it will go before you will hit the frame. If you wanna notch the frame, you can use lowering shackels to get about another 2 inch drop out of it. Taking leafs out of the springs is also a way to do it, but I wouldn't recommend it. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig View Post
                    could you go more into detail about 'flipping' one of the leaves to straighten out the leaf spring i've never thought of that and sounds like it would work.
                    If I can find some old pics of some of my previous set ups Ill post them...
                    Originally posted by anth
                    Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Step One: Work
                      Step Two: Save money
                      Step Three: Buy Bags
                      Step Four: ?????
                      Step 5: Profit

Cole

Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion
                      yeah it's got turbo and it looks decent stanced, but it's a fucking Neon, the survived-abortion of the 90's auto industry.

Comment

Wow, necroing the hell out of a dead thread here but did you find any help lowering your truck? I used to be in a truck club and ate,slept, and lived lowering trucks for a few years.

HMU if you have any questions about getting low without bags.
                        | 92 Corolla AE92 | HKS SMF, Testpipe, Hyperco/Tokico/GC | Houston, TX | 86Garage |

Comment

you dont just turn the torsions you will grind them of in like a day and you still wont be as low as you want you may have to re-index your torsions which just means taking them out of the bracket and turning them one two or three splines depending on how low you want to go. as far as the back i have my overload leaf on top of the main leaf with three inch blocks if you want advice on lowering your truck join the proper forum you will find a ton of great info. But that is if you have torsions..

sorry if i wasnt any help

Comment

Working...
                          X