Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Right front and rear are lower then left (all BMW E models)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right front and rear are lower then left (all BMW E models)

Dear members,

Heard from a local mech that all E models has right lower than left, is that true to your experiance? did some gooogling and Yes certainly this is a known issue topic.

I had my coilovers recently setup and did notice them. Should I break the bmw rule to adjust them to equal the left side or just leave them as it is as per their design. Thinking it might have some effect whether to fuel pump or any engine measurements etc ... as these are tha main components why this was the effect of the lowering right side.

Any views and advice outhere will be very much apprecaited, thank you

Cheers,
    Ingrid

Are those measurements done with a driver in the seat?

Comment

None, just the car itself. Since I'm on right hand drive, it would've made sense if bmw adjusted the left to be lower rather than the right hand side. I think it's more of a bmw design and engineering thingi....

other site's and our local mech also says the same thing .....

Comment

No idea -- My daily is a box-stock E46 sedan that sits perfectly level. I once had an E30 that would squat hard to the right under acceleration, but that was due to a disintegrated trailing arm bushing.
        Old BMWs

Comment

I have read that a long time ago, went out to check this and also noticed it. but maybe because i was expecting it to be this way.

actually,you don't really notice it, when you don't know it. so fuck it.
          Originally posted by Oxer
          I dont know why, but I love your car.. Its OEM cleanness makes me happy in the genitals.

Comment

On my Touring it's pretty noticeable... but I think on my car it's more to do with the shocks being absolutely fucked.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

Dudes, its a known fact from bmw e series. Try googling it and certainly you will get the answers.

The only noticable is only when you have your ride full drop (near ground) or if you get a measure tape. Right front and rear is around 4-8 mm lower ....

That's why I'm thinking since I hace coilovers, should I break this law from BMW? will other design gets affected like fuel pump tank or engine design etc ..... or just leave it as it is?

Yeah your right, it's not noticable at all unless you figgle it around etc ..... I think I should just leave it alone but I would really want to hear your advice and views .....

Thanks alot guys, may you have a Merry Stance Christmas ....

Ingird

Comment

I very highly doubt that it will affect anything to do with the engine or fueling systems, otherwise if you went up a hill your car would stall lol
                1988 Toyota MR2 Supercharged
                Stance:Nation Feature | Build Thread

Comment

lol ! makes sense but on a second thought, the car doesn't go up hill all the time ? there should still be a main purpose why bmw designed them that way .....

let me ask my mate who used to work with bmw and will update you guys ,,,,

Comment

Originally posted by kramerbuccs24 View Post
                    I very highly doubt that it will affect anything to do with the engine or fueling systems, otherwise if you went up a hill your car would stall lol
                    or starve of oil if it doesnt have a baffled sump

Comment

Originally posted by Ingrid View Post
                      Dudes, its a known fact from bmw e series. Try googling it and certainly you will get the answers.
                      They aren't ever exactly even on both sides. Weight in the fuel tank actually can make a difference on stock suspension. But remember, Google and other forums can give you false and misleading info

Comment

Both my e36's had the same "issue". I've read a lot about it and many many (e36's specifically) have the same tilt. As far as why it happens or whether or not it was actually engineered to do so, I have no idea.

When I installed my coilovers on both cars I set them to the same ride height both L and R.
                        Last edited by twastheglow; 12-27-2010, 10:40 AM.
                        E12/E39M/E53

Comment

the saggy right side is definitely nothing to do with the fuel tank or the engine in any way, adjust it to be level if it bothers you that much.

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

my e90 leans big time, mind you this pic was taken with equal camber settings on both sides

@eraunpetrytoday

Comment

Bmw designed the car that way so that when the driver sits in the car it then becomes level. So if you adjust your coilovers for it to be level, it will become off level as soon as you sit in the car. Your choice really, wether the car is level without you in it, or level with you in it.

It will not effect any mechanical systems at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X