Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how many times to empty out tank?

hey,

new to the air suspension scene , my installer told me that i should at least empty out the air tank once a day? sounds right? and what other things do i need to do to maintain it?

Once a day? That seems a little extreme.

Where do you live? What kind of weather do you get? Do you have a water trap installed? Is your tank aluminum or steel?

Comment

like andrew mentioned, a water trap should be sufficient enough for a long time. if you are that worried about condensation buildup inside, id just tap the bottom of the tank and install a ball valve. then, you can manually drain it after a long period of time.
      Originally posted by Kielan
      I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

I empty my watertrap when I remember to so it happens about once a month lol. My setup doesn't collect much water in the dryer so it's nice. I've emptied the tank a handful of times in the year and a half I've had it and the tank was bone dry each time it was emptied

Flickr

Oh FUCK YES, 6-10 inches for me this weekend. FUCK YES!

Comment

where can i get the water trap ?

Comment

Free delivery on air ride kits, shipped in 24 hours. Shop from our huge selection of in-stock air suspension kits, coilovers, air compressors, air bags, fittings and much more.

Comment

you can get one at home depot for a lot less.
              I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

Had a trap in since i had my system installed. The weather is a lot more humid in the uk all year round so it's essential.

Also i've replaced one pressure switch due to water rusting the end of it .

Comment

I drain my tank once every couple months... and maybe have a half cup of water come out, and thats with no trap, once a day is waaaayyyyy overkill...

Comment

maybe once every few months
                    usually i do it while showing someone where i have my hidden trap so it gets done then ...

Comment

just did mine today, I drop of water came out thats it and last time I drained it was aug/sept...

Comment

during the winter when it gets below freezing at night i would def suggest emptying alot more frequently i check mine every other day just to be on the safe side...during the summer once a week if that

Comment

when i had air ride, i emptied my tanks once after over a year of use. 1oz of water came out. everything else was bone dry. everyones setup is different, so everyone is going to find different amounts.
                          Prime Motoring
                          Detailing, Parts and Accessories

Comment

Working...
                          X