Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can i buy 5inch 2.5ID 600lb spring for my e36GC coils

Title says it all,

I have the hybrid track setup on my e36 and am looking for more low in the front to completly get rid of my wheel gap. The stock 6 inch springs spun all the way down still leave me with about .4 inches of gap. Ground Control says they don't make 5inch springs. I know a few of you guys have run GC in the past and been low, what's your secret
    "This community is made up of people who strive to push the boundaries of the conceivable"

Originally posted by Eric M View Post
    Title says it all,

I have the hybrid track setup on my e36 and am looking for more low in the front to completly get rid of my wheel gap. The stock 6 inch springs spun all the way down still leave me with about .4 inches of gap. Ground Control says they don't make 5inch springs. I know a few of you guys have run GC in the past and been low, what's your secret
    Pretty sure that the Stanceworks coils by AST are a 5" x 2.5" spring. Shoot Ben a message.

And the secret of the guys low on GCs for e36s... the trick they all pulled was sold them and bought zero clearance coils

Comment

Originally posted by northmiler89 View Post
      Pretty sure that the Stanceworks coils by AST are a 5" x 2.5" spring. Shoot Ben a message.

And the secret of the guys low on GCs for e36s... the trick they all pulled was sold them and bought zero clearance coils
      he speaks the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by northmiler89 View Post

not mine, and im sure yours arent either. they are 2.25" front and rear.
        Originally posted by Kielan
        I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

Bump.

I'd also really like to know where I can purchase shorter rear spring for my e36 coilovers.

-Matt Yarberry

Comment

doesn't ground control have 5 inch 2.5 ID springs? did you try contacting them?

i remember a guy named joey (advanwrx on Bimmerforums, or something like that) running 5 inch rear springs.

Comment

This is the the closest you are going to find with an off the shelf spring:

Pit Stop USA sells Hypercoil 4" Coil-Over Springs - 2-1/2" ID, Hypercoil 4" Coil-Over Springs, Hypercoil 2.5" x 4" Coil-Over Springs, Hypercoil Coil-Over Springs, Hypercoil 4" Coil-Over Racing Springs, Coil-Over Springs, Racing Springs, Racecar Springs, Hypercoil 4" Coil-Over Springs - 2-1/2" ID, Coil-Over Springs, Hypercoil 4" Coil-Over Springs, Coil-Over Springs, Racing Springs, Racecar Springs

It would work with a spacer to take up the extra inch, since they are shorter.

As far as I know, noboby makes a 5" length 2.5 i.d. spring.

If you really need 5" length I can have them wound for you in any weight.
              Instagram: instagram.com/dominant_engineering

http://www.dominanteng.bigcartel.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46382132@N00/

Comment

swift makes a 4" spring. not sure if that helps or not

Comment

They get shorter shocks from GC and camber plates. Even if you get shorter springs you're still going to be limited by strut travel.

Comment

Originally posted by Byron View Post
                    They get shorter shocks from GC and camber plates. Even if you get shorter springs you're still going to be limited by strut travel.
                    Thanks for the info! I have the camber plates already, does anyone know what kind of strut they use?
                    "This community is made up of people who strive to push the boundaries of the conceivable"

Comment

You can always cut the shaft and re-thread them too.
                      Instagram: instagram.com/dominant_engineering

http://www.dominanteng.bigcartel.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46382132@N00/

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeCamber View Post
                        not mine, and im sure yours arent either. they are 2.25" front and rear.
                        Gotcha, but im sure he can get a hold of the springs he needs from AST.

Comment

Hyperco has a proud heritage of winning in motorsports and uses the same technology for suspension parts in off-road and street performance applications.

Try them out
                          Real name is James

Comment

Did some searching around and could not find satisfactory results.

Anybody know a source for:

-5"
                            -2.5" ID
                            -linear
                            -Selectable spring rate (i.e. High rate)

Springs?

There are a plethora of 2.25" ID springs.... but no 2.5" ID springs.

I feel like I'm at a roadblock and this could seriously impede getting my ACS wheels fitted up nicely. The rear of my TRM coilovers are all the way down, minus a collar and still leaving almost an inch or more of wheelgap. New (shorter) springs are the last thing I need and I can't seem to find any.

Can anybody help me?

-Matt Yarberry

Comment

Working...
                            X