This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 17x9 et20 possible on e36 m3?

I have posted this on bimmerforums, but I figured you guys here would have a much better idea on the subject. I have had a few people tell me that they wont fit without a widebody which seems silly since the wheels are only 9". And I have also seen a few cars with 17x9 et20 on them. Anyone have any more info?

The wheels are actually 17x8 17x9 et45 but they are in 5x114.3 so once I add the proper adapters the final offset will be et20. I know I will need to roll my fenders and run stretched tires, anything else I would need, camber... or something. I am only on an H/R bilstein set up so im not slammed or anything.

These have been my favorite wheels for a long time and I finally found a set for sale, I just have to know they will fit before I can spend the money.

Thanks,
    Grant

yes. I'm running 17x9.5 +17ET with a 235/40/17 on the rear of mine.

Comment

It'S a pretty easy setup. Roll your fenders and run 215s on the 9s and you'll be fine.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

It looks like you have done a lot of fender work though right? I am ok with rolling them but I'm not sure I want to pull them and beat them up too bad, the car is almost completely stock and I would like to keep it that way for the most part.

I am guessing that is the only way though?

Comment

He is running 9.5s, not 9s. And his offset is even a few mms lower, so they poke a bit more than 9s with Et20 will.

Get 215/40s, roll the rear fenders and you'll be fine.

I speak from experience, on my dad's compact we fitted 9x18 ET22 with 215/35, which makes the wheel the exact same size a s a 9x17 with a 215/40, and only a slight roll was needed. I'm going to run the same size too, next spring.

Nothing complicated about this.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

I just used an Eastwood Fender Roller to roll/flare my fenders.

Comment

Cool, thanks a lot guys. Hopefully I will be able to post up some pics here soon.

Comment

Should fit with little to no problems.

Comment

Make it possible sonnnn, whatever it takes.
                  Originally posted by da3bous
                  I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

Haha at this point I will absolutely do what ever it takes and Im sure I will have more questions for you guys.

In case you wanted to know it will be a set of OZ Futuras on a 95 daytona violet M3.

I can not wait!

Comment

Its considered "perfect" fitment in the stretch and poke world, on the reserved side of things. It's the same fitment as 17x8.5 et13 which half of the guys here are running.
                      If you run 215/40s, you're golden.

Comment

So I am most likely going to need some coilovers then huh? hahah

Comment

^ Always!
                          I'm going to be running this same offset on my e30 with e36 hub conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by M.Burroughs View Post
                            Its considered "perfect" fitment in the stretch and poke world, on the reserved side of things. It's the same fitment as 17x8.5 et13 which half of the guys here are running.
                            If you run 215/40s, you're golden.
                            8.5 et13 sucks. I need lower offsets!

Comment

They make adapters that are thinner than 25mm so if you don't feel like rolling your fenders much you could get thinner adapters (20mm or 15mm). Personally, I think it might look funny sitting on H&R's.

Comment

Working...
                              X