Opinions on SRT-4 Coilovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on SRT-4 Coilovers

I have been debating on which coilovers to buy for my 2004 SRT-4. The cheapest have been Ground Control for $4XX and Megan Racing $9XX.. I know Tein is top of the line and very expensive, which make it hard for me to afford them. I have read good reviews on the Megan Racing Coilovers, but I was just wondering if anyone has had experience, good or bad, with each of these brands of coilovers.

K-sports are also relatively cheap, and have a lot of adjustment, and can usually go pretty damn low.
    Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion
    Fuck Rotas, I'd rather my wheels not break apart when I drive over a watermelon seed.

Comment

Is that $4xx for the Ground Controls including the struts/shocks, or just the sleeves? Looks like a sleeve-only price to me. How they perform will have a lot more to do with the dampers you pair them with. Koni Yellows are the most common to be used with Ground Controls, and the combination yields great results.

I wouldn't consider TEIN top of the line, though I do agree that they are very expensive. KW is also a company that I think you should look into. I've ridden in an SRT-4 using Mopar/KW coilovers and it felt very nice. The owner is also very meticulous, picky even, about everything he does, and he had no complaints with the performance that I can recall.

K-Sport is a budget option that I'm personally familiar with and would recommend. I definitely didn't mind the ride that I got from my Kontrol coilovers after the updated dampers, and they definitely do go very low on most vehicles. Great customer service from the company too.

Comment

I am pretty much working on a budget where I am a college student. Yes, the Ground Control price did not include the shocks/struts, but I just wanted to get a basic idea on the ride quality and other important qualities of each of the coilovers. I'd really like to spend less than a grand total, though I know in return that that will mean sacrificing ride quality and such. But any other opinions and other inexpensive coilovers that anyone has used and liked would greatly help.

Comment

Would I be able to use Tokico Blue HP Struts along with the Ground Control Coilovers? Has anyone had any experience with these? I'm just asking all these questions because I figured you all would be the ones who would be most helpful, unlike srtforums lol

Comment

get BC's off modern performance. they are the best coilovers for a neon hands down. ksports are known to break. the ground controls for 400 are just the sleeves/springs. you'd need to cut off your spring perch and slide a pipe on and then the sleeve to use them.

and SRT forums is full of asshats. go to neons.org. its more 1st gen oriented, but still has more info than you can handle.
            __
            Black '96 Plymouth Sport Coupe; poor mans SRT swapped

Originally posted by LenAyala
            Your car will spontaniously flip over and crash if you use the PT valvetrain without big cams.
            Originally posted by Fail
            Originally posted by Una
            If you're not breaking things, you're not going fast enough.
            Black '96 Plymouth Sport 2.4 MTX Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by capiton23 View Post
              ksports are known to break.

Know by who, and to break how?

Comment

the pearches are known to de-thread themselves. this is coming from my friend. (this applies to D2's also, as they are the same exact thing) none-the-less, BC's are 100000x better quality than ksports for only like 100$ more..
                __

Your car will spontaniously flip over and crash if you use the PT valvetrain without big cams.
                Originally posted by Una

Comment

I've never heard of that before, and I don't see how perches could de-thread themselves.
                  a) one incident is not a rule
                  b) they have warranty and excellent customer service
                  c) that story sounds fishy.

Comment

Meh. Idk. I'd still rather have bc's. Cuz they're made in amercuhh
                    __

Originally posted by Una

Comment

BC coilovers are manufactured in China (Taiwan).

Comment

on da forums ,,(srt forums) you can find good deals, a buddy of mine just picked up some MOPARS for around 300 in jersey,, so its def worth a shot, and as soon as spring hits alot of people will be ditching setups for new ones...answering your ?, mopars are pretty good

Comment

Originally posted by prod0660 View Post
                          on da forums ,,(srt forums) you can find good deals, a buddy of mine just picked up some MOPARS for around 300 in jersey,, so its def worth a shot, and as soon as spring hits alot of people will be ditching setups for new ones...answering your ?, mopars are pretty good
                          I cant imagine a factory sponsored coilover going all that low though
                          Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
                            I cant imagine a factory sponsored coilover going all that low though
                            Mopar coilovers are KW V2.

They go low enough to close the wheel gap to about 1/2", this much I know. I don't know how much lower they could go.

Comment

Originally posted by kartikeya View Post
                              Mopar coilovers are KW V2.

They go low enough to close the wheel gap to about 1/2", this much I know. I don't know how much lower they could go.
                              no shit? I didnt know that
                              Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Working...
                              X