The Qatar Trip: The Final Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Qatar Trip: The Final Day

Alrighty, folks. AJ just reported in on Day 6, and here it is. No clever title this time, but after last night’s party for Marisa, I don’t blame him.

Today is our last day in Oz… There were more cars to work on, more tea on silver platters, and more amazing views. However, this post is for none of those. There will be a very large, very thorough, and very picture filled write-up when Craig and I return. All of that can wait…today is for the real amazement of the trip: our host and hostess Hani and Marisa.

If all else gets forgotten in the adventure of the Middle East; if all posts are lost, all pictures of million dollar cars with two million dollar license plates are forgotten, the one thing that needs to stay in all of our minds and the minds of our followers is the reason we can be here. Marisa and Hani are Fluid MotorUnion’s ambassadors to the Middle East. We are here because of them and will succeed because of them. They have gone beyond leaving their family, friends, and culture for a week or so. They have dedicated themselves to a lifestyle in Qatar. No matter how exotic, how rich, how amazing a place can be; the fact remains it is over six thousand miles away from home and everything we know.

It’s not easy putting up with me. Just ask my wife. I’m old, I eat everything, I’m a really grumpy morning person… etc. You want talent? Marisa has hidden the urge to hit me upside the head the entire trip! These two are amazing and this day six post is dedicated to thanking them for not only making Craig’s and my trip successful, but recognizing we will succeed here because of them.

Yesterday was Miss Marisa’s birthday. I was fortunate enough to be part of the celebration. Surreal doesn’t describe a lot of the things witnessed in this city among sand. Sitting in a club, on top of a high rise, open aired, relaxing with a drink in my hand personally mixed by Hani; looking out over the night city lights…surreal just doesn’t cut it. This trip has been amazing and possible because of our hosts…

Cheers to Marisa and Hani….

I need to have AJ take the Nikon D90 next time he goes. This old point-and-shoot quality brings a small tear to the corner of my eye. He's going to compile an epic post once he gets back, so stay tuned for the final chapter in our Middle East trip!

www.fluidmotorunion.com
    www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
    I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

looking forward to the final post when they get back, glad all is well and you guys are staying busy. hopefully when you get back we can get started on my project!

Comment

Working...
    X