The Qatar Trip: Day 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Qatar Trip: Day 3

Once again, AJ's words are in non-bold, and mine are in bold. Or, I guess, bold and red.

“I’ve Fallen and I Can’t Get Up”

Being who we are (the Fluid family) we’re always looking to find ways to upgrade even when we’re supposed to be “relaxing” (enter homicidal chauffer, dunes, blah blah blah). While taking our tour yesterday we noticed two things: one, people here drive Cadillacs to the dunes…no, really….

…and two, there are a large number of SUV’s that get stuck in the sand from either not deflating their tires enough or from driving over areas that are still water soaked from the night’s tide. Our tour guide (and Fluid’s baller ambassador to the Middle East) Hani told us if we could make a product that would allow people to get themselves unstuck without outside help it would easily sell. The system I came up with will attach to the rear trailer hitch receiver of any SUV (or Cadillac) and include an electric winch that will be powered via the cigarette lighter. This will use a specially designed sand anchor which will unfold and be hammered (mini sledge included) into the sand to pull the vehicle onto more solid ground. We hope to include it all in a carry bag, much like you would have when purchasing any vehicle emergency kit…

Now I know all my stanced little brothers are wondering what benefit this has for them? Well, next time you get stuck on a speed bump or ramp in a parking garage just pull out your trusty Fluid MotorUnion Sand Winch 2000, slam it into the hood of the nearest mini van and pull yourself off, duh.

(Editor’s note: We won’t actually be introducing this in the states. Dunes in the US have tons of proper emergency vehicles ready to assist with sand-related mishaps.)

Wrapping up today’s post I will leave you with a bit of irony. Last night at the track, where we met our potential distributor, we witnessed this very tastefully painted Corvette:

This flat black dragster pulled a 3.67 second eighth (yes, I said eighth) mile run at 220 km/h (136 mph)…the fastest run of the night. You know what they say; once you go flat black, you destroy the competition. Wait…what?

Our fifth vehicle of the trip has just arrived and Craig and I are off for R&D again. Another long night but I can’t complain.

…AJ also sent the following pictures in a separate e-mail, casually mentioning that there would need to be some sort of “cleanup” after witnessing the car in the pictures. Since we at Fluid are wholesome and naive, we’re not too sure about the supposed dirtiness of the pictures, as the car seems plenty clean to us. (Don’t worry, we know what he meant.)

Upon further inspection of the vehicle in question, we did some research and found that this is a engine-transplanted supercar manufactured by Wiesmann. This specific car is a Wiesmann GT MF 4, with a reinforced fiberglass body and a variant of the BMW N62 engine, the N62B48. This 4.8L V8 is typically found in the E65 750i, the E60 530i, and the E63 650i. Obviously a very capable and versatile engine, the N62B48 helps the GT MF 4 accelerate to 60 in a little under 4 seconds. It apparently also comes with a very bright one-tone interior. All this can be yours for the low, low price of $222,000 (using today’s GBP -> USD exchange rate). I don't know about you guys, but I've already bought three.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
    www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
    I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Great pics! Cant wait to see more!

Comment

liking these updates!
      025garage

Comment

Working...
      X