Tripod recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tripod recommendations

I'm in the market for a new tripod. Something quality, but I'm not spending $300+. My current tripod is a poor excuse for camera gear. Any experience with brands?

I use a bullshit $50 Wal Mart tripod and it works fantastic.

Comment

i also use a shittastic $50 tripod and it holds my D300 just fine.

Comment

I have an induro, It has no problems with the larger lenses I sometimes use for performances (300 f2.8 on a wimberly mount) It isn't light but it has put up with a lot of abuse. I am not satisfied with the induro head and am currently looking in to a RRS head then I should be good for a while.
        Induros are pretty much pro quality gear and can be had especially cheap if your in school for photography. I would say for $300 you could have a very nice tripod and decent head. If your looking cheaper many on the POTN forums are fans of amvona's tripods for the ballin' on a budget crowd I just have a problem putting 5k worth of gear on a wal-mart tripod.

Amvona Example

http://www.amvona.com/shop?page=shop...category_id=87

Induro Example

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc..._A_Series.html

Comment

Thanks for the input. My $50 tripod has lasted me a while, but it's a pile of shit, and does not hold the camera steady with a big lens or if it's gusty outside.

Comment

Originally posted by Ficarra View Post
            Thanks for the input. My $50 tripod has lasted me a while, but it's a pile of shit, and does not hold the camera steady with a big lens or if it's gusty outside.
            Well, you do live in the Windy City.

Comment

Originally posted by Ficarra View Post
              My Induro has a hook (like many Pro models) where you can hang a sandbag under the tripod, this keeps it really steady and prevents it from getting too top heavy with larger lenses.

Comment

I have a black one......make sure yours is black. Better for reflections
                sigpic

to purchase Authentic Tee's please PM me. And click the link below on my blog to see the shirt designs....

Follow Me: http://jluphotography.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by junjdm View Post
                  I have a black one......make sure yours is black. Better for reflections
                  LMAO
                  But, but, but i have silver and it works
                  Seriously though, worst part about mine is the wind gust issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Pswirley View Post
                    Well, you do live in the Windy City.
                    This is true.

Comment

Working...
                    X