BlackBeard LS powered 240

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BlackBeard LS powered 240

I'm doing this on behalf of a good friend of mine and I wanted to get some ideas from you guys about this. We've decided to shoot for an LS motor in a 93-94(?) convertible 240 instead of the usual SR. Just wanna get some ideas as to which LS motor would be appropriate to use for that application. The car isn't going to see any sort of serious track time; mainly street driven and we're looking to get it stanced afterwards. Any input chaps???

Well first of all this forum isn't going to be super helpful, try Zilvia.

Also, anything from a stock LS1 to a twin turbo 454 LSX motor will work.

Go on LS1tech to look up different options. I would personally recommend an intake/intake manifold/head/cam/longtube/3" setup on an LS1 if you're looking for about 480whp/480wtq with no plans to upgrade, if looking for more power I'd start with the newer LS3 block. Much improved over the LS1/6 and more potential for higher HP. However, 480whp out of an LS1 will be cheaper than 480whp out of an LS3, so choosing the right starting point is important.

But yeah, zilvia.net for 240 info and ls1tech.com for LSx info.
    1988 Toyota MR2 Supercharged
    Stance:Nation Feature | Build Thread

Comment

get the 5.3 LS motor out of a truck. more torque, toss on some LS1 heads and a Fast intake Manifold, Some nice headers and it should be in the 400wheel range. I Almost did one to my 240 this summer, Had an LS1 lined up for $500 but was a shortblock.
      Originally posted by Jesus Christ
      he mustve enjoyed that bj.

i know for a fact you chubby bitches could suck the air bubbles out of a brake line

Comment

or put an LQ4 6.0 in it. 550 crank hp can be made out of one of those with $800 L92 heads and a good cam

Comment

If this car is going to be something just to cruise, then I would suggest just buying a post '98 LS1 dropout, throw longtubes, FAST intake and throttle body, maybe a decent size camshaft (ms3/g5x3/tsunami, all good choices) rockers, valvesprings, and a tune. Would be in the neighborhood of 400whp, and in a car that light...pretty damn fast. If you want to go further, a set of stage 2.5 5.3l heads, etc...

Look up this;

TSP-Texas Speed
          TEA-Total Engine Airflow
          Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion
          Fuck Rotas, I'd rather my wheels not break apart when I drive over a watermelon seed.

Comment

Very cool. Make sure you plan out the whole driveline and that it will handle the torque. Also, if you are going to drop it as low as possible the exhaust to let that monster breath right has to go somewhere.
            I like the idea, sounds like it should hit the track.

Gordo.

Comment

U want to use the gto 5.7 motor.
              (I drive an s-chassis also)

Comment

Knoop at SumoSpeed almost does a complete run-through of his build.
                Oughta check that out maybe, if you hav'nt
                Originally posted by Kielan
                I flip people off cause its the cool thing to do.

Comment

Comment

2JZ swap is better imo.

Comment

推荐50本熬夜看完的小说 公认最好看的小说岳春阳2020-08-21 08:55:52现在的小说种类非常的多,有玄幻的,言情的,古代的现代的,下面小编就给大家推荐50本熬夜看完的小说吧!推荐50本熬夜

oh and this too for you foolers.
                      Good luck mang

Comment

Working...
                      X