A Permanent Installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Permanent Installation

Earlier this week, I posted a small teaser picture for what Eastway was cutting out. Nobody guessed what it was. This went a lot better than the X5’s snorkel teaser.

Well, wonder no more, since it’s finished and currently on an airplane, somewhere over Europe or West Asia. For our little Fluid outpost in Doha, Qatar, they wanted us to fab them something to install in the floor. Specifically, a manhole cover. Since AJ + Craig were leaving yesterday, we wanted to send it with them, which required Eastway to work in a relatively quick fashion, along with everyone else involved in its construction. Well, after cutting it out, Eastway handed it off to Tom to weld it together, then it went to Luci for paint. Now that it’s all done and on the plane with them, we feel it’s time to show you the finished product. We’re really happy with the way it turned out; the mild steel was a great medium for the cutting, and the paint ended up giving it a really nice look. Once it gets walked on enough, it’ll get a more appropriate manhole cover look to it; just like a fine wine or scotch (but not a fine jar of mayonnaise), it’ll only get better with age.

Here’s two shots right after Eastway finished up with the mill, followed by three shots of the post-paint stage, before wrapping and shipping. AJ was responsible for drawing up the block letters; he did this by hand, mind you, so our hats are off to him for coming up with such a well thought-out letter design.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
    www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
    I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Must see it installed. Pretty sweet.
    Christof Goulart
    FCGoulartDesign.

Comment

Originally posted by runningpanda View Post
      Must see it installed. Pretty sweet.
      AJ told me that he's going to send me a picture and a paragraph for every day that he and Craig are in Doha (~10 days), so there will be pictures!

www.fluidmotorunion.com
      www.stanceworks.com

Comment

jawesome.
        Christof Goulart
        FCGoulartDesign.

Comment

Very awesome.

What's the trip to middle east for?
          - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
            Very awesome.

What's the trip to middle east for?
            R&D for some projects. We're in the (slow) process of setting up a Fluid outpost in Doha, Qatar. We've got some good contacts out there, and we've been outwards that way before for tuning and modding a Brabus SL65.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
            www.stanceworks.com

Comment

Good grief that's awesome... never cease to amaze.. love it when the imagination comes to life.

Comment

Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion View Post
                R&D for some projects. We're in the (slow) process of setting up a Fluid outpost in Doha, Qatar. We've got some good contacts out there, and we've been outwards that way before for tuning and modding a Brabus SL65.
                That's sickk, FMU doing big things.
                - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

That's baller.

Make smaller versions to sell as keychains / merchandise.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion View Post
                    ...... and we've been outwards that way before for tuning and modding a Brabus SL65.
                    How much more work can you do to a Brabus SL65!?! I've heard those things are almost undriveable as is!

Originally posted by Kielan
                    can't trust black people..

Comment

Sell that truck for me while you guys are there and pay for your trip

Glad to see things going good. See you soon I think.

Comment

Originally posted by dpt852 View Post
                        How much more work can you do to a Brabus SL65!?! I've heard those things are almost undriveable as is!
                        Airboxes, intercoolers, things like that. We had a whole custom-fabricated setup of the airboxes and ICs for the Brabus. It produced some quality power gains.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                        www.stanceworks.com

Comment

i guessed a sewer lid before i read it all the way. VERY nice work dudes

Comment

Soooo legit.

Comment

Working...
                            X