Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow, White

Those are our two main themes today.

First up is the snow. Today was the first measurable snowfall of the year for the Chicagoland area, so naturally, everybody forgot how to drive. Don’t fret about hitting the road, though; most people will have mastered the art of driving in the snow by April or so.

Next up is white, a two-parter. The first isn’t technically white, but it’s sandblasted (for painting at the hands of Luci), so it’s got a shiny, snowlike appearance. What we’ve got here is an intake for a Jeep Cherokee SRT8, the same one we featured a while back. It used to have a supercharger installed (by some other garage, not us), but that thing threw out more problems than horsepower, so it was replaced in favor of a regular ol’ intake. This isn’t that regular of an intake, though; the diameter of the cone filter is six inches, and the pipe then moves down to five inches, and it gets smaller one more time before it connects to the manifold. It sounds beastly, and it sure as hell looks the part, too:

Finally, the last white thing in this post is our ever-beloved Hyundai Genesis project car. With Marilynn’s M45 exhaust done (and videos soon to come!), we started putting our heads into the Genesis’ engine bay. We’re currently fabricating a new, equal-length turbo manifold for 'er. Eastway’s currently cutting out some flanges with the Blasocut 4000 (pronounced Blaze-o-cut, it sounds like it’s from a Simpsons episode) and Craig’s hard at work making it all fit together in a proper format. Here’s some shots of the mockup so far:

Get your winter tires / winter beaters ready!

http://www.fluidmotorunion.com/archives/5317
    Last edited by FluidMotorUnion; 12-01-2010, 03:44 PM.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
    www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
    I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

wow...you gyus make some sick parts. nice work!
    My Build

Comment

i see kris's BMW. didnt know you guys where on the forums, that bmw is a beast! along with wha tlooks like all the other cars there, nice works!

Comment

As always, impressive!
        Originally posted by anth
        Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Dear god, you guys should have your own TV show. I swear to god if I lived in your state I'd just be bumming around your shop with my camera taping everything you do hahahaha.

You've got to be one of the premiere tuner shops in the country.

Comment

did you guys get snowed in this week?

Comment

Originally posted by Vegas13 View Post
              did you guys get snowed in this week?
              Nope! The area west of Lake Michigan only averaged about 2-4 inches of snow, most of it overnight between Friday and Saturday. By Saturday afternoon, the entirety of Chicago's streets and highways were tended to.

I heard that NW Indiana and the west end of Michigan got POUNDED, though; how bad was it?

www.fluidmotorunion.com
              www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
              I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Comment

Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion View Post
                Nope! The area west of Lake Michigan only averaged about 2-4 inches of snow, most of it overnight between Friday and Saturday. By Saturday afternoon, the entirety of Chicago's streets and highways were tended to.

I heard that NW Indiana and the west end of Michigan got POUNDED, though; how bad was it?
                i dont exact measurements, but it felt like a foot lol

when the weather clears up, i may head up there. i have some things to discuss with you

Comment

Working...
                X