Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheel suggestions for that wicked blue Hyundai!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel suggestions for that wicked blue Hyundai!

Well, I've been looking around (which isn't anything new), but I'm trying to decide on my next set of wheels. I love mine, but the fact that they're Rotas kinda gets to me, and I can't use the "no one else makes good sizes" excuse for them like the Subaru guys do. Haha
    So far I've considered:
    Work Meister (either 2 or 3 piece)
    SSR Professor SP1
    Gram Lights 57Pro

I'd like some TE37s, but from what I hear, they don't get concaved until +22, AND they don't come in 9s or 10s, which is what I'd like to get. Anything decent and concaved would rule, but those are few and far between!
    And I don't think RS' would flow very well. Hahaha
    Any suggestions or comments on the listed wheels above?

Civic Build

1992 Civic VX - 1996 Miata - 1986 944 Turbo - 1988.5 Samurai - 2006 Tiburon GT

Nothing wrong with Meisters.

Comment

I'm pretty sure TEs come in 9s and 10s.

If you wanted to go 5spoke, you could get Nismo LMGT-4s in concave, lol, that'd be kinda silly though.

As stated above, you can't really go wrong with Meisters/SP1s.

2004 350Z Twin Turbo

Comment

Yeah, I feel like it'll be between those and the SP1s. But it's so difficult! With the Meisters, they're really "bulbous", I guess you could say. Haha The spokes are really rounded, which makes them look kind of small on the 3-piece. But in some pictures, they look awesome. The SP1s spokes are flat and go all the way to the edge, but less lip. No that it's a huge deal, but it'd be nice to have the 100mm lip with the Meisters.

Civic Build

Comment

Originally posted by 1985zcar View Post
          I'm pretty sure TEs come in 9s and 10s.

If you wanted to go 5spoke, you could get Nismo LMGT-4s in concave, lol, that'd be kinda silly though.

As stated above, you can't really go wrong with Meisters/SP1s.
          Do they?! That'd rule! But I could swear that they only came in halves (8.5, 9.5, 10.5, etc.). But they still wouldn't be concaved, I don't think.

Civic Build

Comment

Meisters or Forgeline RS if they are available in the right bolt pattern.

TE's are sick but over done, especially since so many knock offs are around.

Comment

Meisters...
              -Jay

Comment

I think some 18x10" Meisters would look rad on your car. Don't do a dark color like your current wheels though. Polished lips are a must!

Comment

Dang, the Meisters are getting all the votes! Definitely no dark colors. I like dark cars with bright wheels. It makes it pop and look more upscale, IMO.
                  Would you guys do the 2-piece or 3-piece? Based on strictly looks.

Civic Build

Comment

Based on looks, there isn't much of a difference between 2 piece and 3 piece wheels, at least in my eyes.

Comment

Just the bolts for the wheel face, mainly. It seems like that actually makes the spokes smaller, as well, but I'm not positive.

Civic Build

Comment

Meisters, hands down..

Comment

Meisters are looking like a crowd favorite! Polished?

Civic Build

Comment

i dont think you can run low enough offsets on those meisters to pull them off. IMO you have to have some agressive shit to make those look good. Same thing with sp1's

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

Hell, I can run a 100mm lip in the rear and 75 up front, I believe. I think that'd look fairly aggressive, but I'll keep doing my homework. Thanks for the input! Always appreciated.

Civic Build

Comment

Working...
                              X