The GranTurismo Returns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The GranTurismo Returns

This is quite possibly the only GranTurismo I'll ever want. Except for Gran Turismo 5, which has managed to suck up every single inch of free time since it arrived on my doorstep. Not that I'm complaining. But, I digress...

It’s been here before, and we’re always glad to have it back. This blue Maserati GranTurismo was in our shop a few weeks back for some brake and suspension additions, and like we said then, he’s got the bug, so he’s back for more. This time, thankfully, we were able to get some shots before the sun went down; although on this particular Tuesday in Chicago, it doesn’t really feel like the sun’s even come up yet.

Yes, those are Blizzaks on a Maserati. Yes, this dude's winter car is a Maserati.

This time around, he’s here for three more things. The first item to be installed is a new set of pedals. The second is a new, carbon fiber-wrapped steering wheel (replacing the wood-grained wheel that’s already on there), and the last is a drive-by-wire module meant to reduce some of the throttle lag, providing for a more spirited pedal feeling.

Here's pics of the installed pedal and wheel:

www.fluidmotorunion.com
    www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
    I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Awesome is an understatement. Is that last bit of wood (to the left of the gauges, and on the shifter) going to be replaced by CF as well?

Comment

He installed the trim himself, before it got here.

He....doesn't know where that piece went. Same goes for the shifter.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
      www.stanceworks.com

Comment

So can I get a FMU exhaust system on a couple of my cars or what?
        Originally posted by anth
        Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

I was gonna say, "dammn,,,,, those graphics look SO real...... ............ then I saw pics of the interior,,,,,, and started to think maybe it's not pics of the video-game

Comment

wheels are ugly as, but the car is super hawt.
            Christof Goulart
            FCGoulartDesign.

Comment

Originally posted by runningpanda View Post
              wheels are ugly as, but the car is super hawt.
              I bet those are just some pair of $10000 winter wheels
              sigpic

Comment

Christof Goulart
                FCGoulartDesign.

Comment

killer stuff Andrew... tell me your already talking to him about an aggressive wheel setup for the spring

Comment

Gorgeous!

However, it's just wrong that a car like that doesn't have three pedals. I don't care how advanced or fast the auto is.

-1993 535i/5 NA-T

Comment

Originally posted by CSBolger View Post
                      Gorgeous!

However, it's just wrong that a car like that doesn't have three pedals. I don't care how advanced or fast the auto is.
                      True that. Too bad Maserati's slowly moving away from manual transmissions, if they haven't already stopped using them.

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                      killer stuff Andrew... tell me your already talking to him about an aggressive wheel setup for the spring
                      His summer car is a GT2 Turbo. We've got a lot of conversations in the works

Originally posted by WhiteE36M3 View Post
                      I bet those are just some pair of $10000 winter wheels
                      They're one of the optional wheel setups you can purchase with the vehicle. And they're definitely less than 10 grand.

Originally posted by Oxer View Post
                      So can I get a FMU exhaust system on a couple of my cars or what?
                      Sure. Just wire the money over and we'll get to work.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                      www.stanceworks.com

Comment

for the drive by wire module, do you guys just use the SprintBooster? or do you use a higher quality part?
                        Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion View Post

Sure. Just wire the money over and we'll get to work.
                          I might have to sell one of my cars as I have a fleet of exotics in my garage currently...

Originally posted by anth
                          Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Sent you guys a PM.
                            Originally posted by Jesus Christ
                            if "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" doesnt include being able to buy a huge veiny motherfucker then the declaration of independence isnt worth the hemp it was written on.
                            Originally posted by Jedidiah
                            he speaks the truth.. he doesn't even have the -- -- eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
                              for the drive by wire module, do you guys just use the SprintBooster? or do you use a higher quality part?
                              We use a Formula Dynamics enhancement module, made specifically for the GranTurismo. It ended up working really well, improving throttle response and eliminating most (if not all) of the DBW lag.

Originally posted by Oxer View Post
                              I might have to sell one of my cars as I have a fleet of exotics in my garage currently...

You and me both, Oxer. But I just can't bear to part with my '08 Civic Si, it just keeps growing in value day by day!

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                              www.stanceworks.com

Comment

Working...
                              X