No announcement yet.

Lowering my E46 sedan. Need pro advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowering my E46 sedan. Need pro advice?

Dear viewers and pros out there,

I recently got my E46 sedan and thinking about how and when to stance it. It's currently with it's stock height and most of the time while I'm driving, I feel like driving my daddy's car (as to what the call old school).

I would really appreacite it if someone from the pro area in stance works community can help me out in terms of advice how to turn my ride into a stanned E46 will be very much helpful.

Also, I recently got the 18" racing Brayton wheels with 45 Dunlop tires. It looks better now but still missing something, guess it's the attitude. So I really desperately needed to low this down ASAP and your suggestion is really important to me.

Shall I just go for spring replacements or entire coil over. And if so, which brand shall I consider base on long history of experiance. And rougly how much will it cost me?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Ingrid

I would do full.coilover, just to be safe ...and your probably looking at $1000+ for that

Comment

Full coilovers, without a doubt.
      - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

thanks for all the response I got.

but which brand should I go for? as there are too many out at the market. one of the local shop here suggested Supersport brand as they say that this rides like stock suspension and is market majority.

anyone heard about this or any recommendations will be great? thank you

Ingrid

Comment

tons of options out there depending on what you want out of the suspension but deff go with full coils, dont waste you times with springs even if you only adjust it once youll be happier

I like my kws but they are pricey, st coils seem to be great as well but alota places make coils for the e46 that are really cheap also just no clue on how they ride
          Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

think I'l for for supersport for the time being ... I heard that they ride good but a bit pricy though ... but who know until you try them ... Anyway thanks to all advices ... I'll update my post once I get in on for benchmarking ...

Comment

I'm on Tein SS coilovers turned all the way down. Currently sits ~2.75" off the ground, could be about an inch lower if I ran decent size tires. Ride is a little stiffer than stock, but doesn't bother me at all.

Comment

Had Eibach Sportlines in the front and NISMO struts/springs in the rear of my Altima SER and even though I made the stance as "custom" as possible, not being able to adjust it to the mm was irritating. Now I have coilovers on my MR2 and will never go back!
                1988 Toyota MR2 Supercharged
                Stance:Nation Feature | Build Thread

Comment

Do not buy teins if you want to go low. That guy is MAXED out and look at how high he still is. If you really want to go low, your gonna also want something with a decently stiff spring rate so you dont bottom out on everything.

That being said, i know nothing about who makes coilovers for e46's, but if you can drop the money for KW's, and if they do indeed go low enough, then i would get them. I have them on my car and i love the quality

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                    Full coilovers, without a doubt.
                    +1

What are you looking to do? Do you just wanna go low for show? Do you plan on doing any track days with it?

Comment

nice man. what are the specs of the wheels? throw some coilovers on it and some spacers and you should be set. o and what are your tire sizes as well?

SuperStanceAlicious

Comment

I got 18" Racing Brayton with 45S Dunlop. Looks a bit weird as still in stock height. I'm now in favor of considering Supersports coilover as the local mechanic here suggest most of Hong Kong market BM lovers buys this brand as it rides like stock suspension and adjustments are easy satisfactory.

Anyone have any comment about this set? By the way, thanks for all those replied. Your views gave me the confident to re-consider my decicion.....

Ingrid

Comment

You could always go the Raceland route...

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck&Poke View Post
                            Do not buy teins if you want to go low. That guy is MAXED out and look at how high he still is. If you really want to go low, your gonna also want something with a decently stiff spring rate so you dont bottom out on everything.

That being said, i know nothing about who makes coilovers for e46's, but if you can drop the money for KW's, and if they do indeed go low enough, then i would get them. I have them on my car and i love the quality
                            The first half of your post made me lol.

KW's on the e46 will put you on the ground if you remove the helper spring.

Comment

if your looking to just slamm it you could go rokkors.

i just installed some on my cousins e46 and he is tucking a bout .5=1" of his rim and hes on 19"s

1993 Honda Del Sol Si

Comment

Working...
                              X