We Mean Business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Mean Business

As you’ve seen by some of our previous designs, we like to put our name out there.

This week, we decided to make a few business cards that strayed from our current design of gold text on black paper. We opted for a small, subtle change from this layout. Now, we’re making some out of stainless steel. The man behind the new business “card,” Mike Eastway, starts by drilling out the design on a single piece of unpolished stainless steel.

Once the design is cut out, you can see that it looks neat, but it’s not nearly ready yet. Next up comes a few rounds of sanding and buffing to eliminate any leftover shavings and most of the scratches:

After it’s polished enough to sufficiently blind whomever angles the card incorrectly, we hand it over to Tom, who was nice enough to run a small bead across the card. We like to show off our level of craftsmanship here at Fluid MotorUnion, so it makes sense that we’d include some of the best-looking welds in the country:

With everything said and done, it’s a process that takes a couple hours, but the end result is quite the beauty to behold:

http://www.fluidmotorunion.com/archives/5246

Have a Happy (and safe) Thanksgiving, everybody!

www.fluidmotorunion.com
    www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
    I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

So awesome.

Main Page - Facebook - Flickr - Instagram - Twitter
    You know who Jason is? Anyone here read the Bible or know most of the stories etc? Who's the guy that stands at the gate and decides if you get into heaven or not? That's Jason. He processes everyone in the intro threads and welcomes them.
    Originally posted by Average_Jerk
    Also you relinquish all of your rights by posting in RT. You can be banned at any time for no reason at all.

Comment

nice!

a local machinist i know did a similar thing for his cards. The finish isnt as nice as yours though
      Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

That's fucking badass.
        -Dale: '88 Conquest TSi

Comment

Wow. Now that is a fine weld.

Comment

You guys rule.Awesome idea and finished product. want one. just to show off^^
            I dont know why, but I love your car.. Its OEM cleanness makes me happy in the genitals.

Comment

Gnarly.
              Originally posted by Jesus Christ
              if "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" doesnt include being able to buy a huge veiny motherfucker then the declaration of independence isnt worth the hemp it was written on.
              Originally posted by Jedidiah
              he speaks the truth.. he doesn't even have the -- -- eyes.

Comment

sick card

Comment

I love this kind of "because we can" project
                  Will design/build websites for wheels

Comment

That is cool

Comment

Hahaha man I love this! Killing it with the updates Andrew.. Love everything you write / present!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and the FMU fam as well!

Comment

ridiculously bad a**.

Comment

bad ass. looks like im gonna have to buy something just to try and get a card :P
                          Originally posted by M.Burroughs
                          I'd have to say this site was founded on building the cars we wanted to build, despite if the rest of the car community liked it or not. This site was founded on freedom of automotive self expression and the passion that goes in to each and every build... This site is about doing what you like, whatever makes you happy, and not caring about what other people think...

Comment

wow now that is a nice card

Comment

Oh. My. Fucking. God. ZERO refraction or warpage. NONE.

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.

Your blast pipes look stupid.

Comment

Working...
                              X