d2 coilovers question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• d2 coilovers question

Hi guys, i have a few questions about the d2 coilovers, i'm looking to buy a set for my 2000 e46 coupe, now my questions are:
    - on the usa d2 site, that is said to be the "mother" of d2 coilovers, if i'm not mistaking, the RS series that i'm interested in buying is for any e46 coupe from 99-05, i mean any type of engine, from 1.8, 2.0, etc to m3
    - then, on the uk d2 site ( which will be the site from where i'll be buying my d2 coilovers ) doesn't have the same names, like the usa site does, for example: rs/drag/rally/drift/pro spec, but only one name "street use"
    - and, at the uk site also, you have to specify the type of engine you have

so, can i buy a set from the uk site, the "street use" ones, and they are going to be like the RS ones ? a friend that bought a set told me they are the same as the RS ones, and that what you can read on the uk site is rubbish, that the coilovers can be put on any car, the engine doesn't matter because they have some special settings to make up for the engine +/- weight
    and, at the d2 coilovers, the engine doesn't matter because of that ? i can buy a set of coilovers and put them on a 318 or on a m3 and it's all the same ?

Give em a call, I talked to them on the phone a month or two ago and they were VERY helpful. I'm sure they can answer all questions.

Follow Me On Instagram! @jvc8790 #jvcphotography

Comment

thanks for the answer, i probably will do that, but until then, i am still interested in opinions ..

Comment

any1 else ?

Comment

In the past 5 days, you couldn't take the time to call them?

Comment

i didn't because i am going to call them when i will buy it, and that's after the winter, no reason buying it now with all the snow .. and until then i am trying to find out some things from people that bought one and used it, and maybe know some things

Comment

Seems to be working pretty well so far huh.

You could have had your answers within minutes by picking up the phone. It blows my mind that people refuse to help themselves.

Comment

Working...
              X