MB W210 size/offset !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MB W210 size/offset !

I just bought clean 290td W210 that came with ugly 18" Oxigin 2pc looker wheels.

Contacted Claus from Felgen-Garage and asked for a set of 18" Futuras. He offered me 9x18 / 10x18 combo with offset range of ET22, ET26, ET35, ET38

I'm going to run KW variant 2 coilovers so what ET I should go for? Fender rolling is possible, and I'm looking for really flush fitment. I have no idea are those wheels gonna clear brakes & other suspension parts, so if you benzo gurus could chime in!

check my post for fitment, go with the lowest et he has, these cars accept really wide wheels without clearance issues

The general style discussion forum, as well as a place to post your car, or any car for that matter.

Comment

take the wheels with lowest ET/offset and you'll still need some spacers (maybe)...

flickr

Comment

Gotcha!

I've looked your thread wagonist many times for reference, but wondered are there much different on sedans vs wagons.

So it's ET22 for front and back. I could get wider lips afterwards if I wanted lower offset without spacers?

How wide lips Oz's can be get? Need to talk with Claus again, but something like 4" back and 3" front would look like this? --> http://stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11221

Comment

wagon and sedan are the same fender arches, that 11.5 that luke is selling would be too big for a w210, perfect on a R129 tho.

for another reference this is ET40 and ET40 10Jx19 11jx19

Comment

another reference, 9.5x18 ET25 11x18 et 35

Comment

another reference, 9,5 x18 offset 25; 11x18 ET35. 225/40 and 265/35

so as you can see, 11j18 is possible with a maximum et of approx. +35mm, anything lower would require fender pulling..

Comment

Those pictures tell more than 1000 words. Thanks a ton! I have been looking for few days pics of W210's with huge offset wheels, but all I come up is those benzworld etc. places where you can't even lower your car without mocking and ******.

Now I need to talk more with Claus and hopefully I'll get Futuras from him. $3000 for a set of used wheels seems pretty much...but I guess they are worth it.

Comment

the US Mercedes tuner scene is not my style at all, they are into the same type of boring 3 peice wheels from iForged, JLine, DPE, HRE, etc... that all look like something a student could have made in CNC school, no style and very conservative fitment, so I only go to benzworld for information on fixing my car since it is a great resource for that, but for all other advice as far as fitment and research I go to w210-forum.de Its all in German, which I happen to speak, but if you don't you can alway use translate.google.com

Comment

Originally posted by wagonist View Post
                    the US Mercedes tuner scene is not my style at all, they are into the same type of boring 3 peice wheels from iForged, JLine, DPE, HRE, etc... that all look like something a student could have made in CNC school, no style and very conservative fitment, so I only go to benzworld for information on fixing my car since it is a great resource for that, but for all other advice as far as fitment and research I go to w210-forum.de Its all in German, which I happen to speak, but if you don't you can alway use translate.google.com
                    I must say I beg to differ on your opinion of the US Mercedes tuner scene, though I can only speak on behalf of myself I think most are more concerned with performance than stance. The stance is usually perfected after the motor is runnning to its full potential. As far as the rims go, I don't have much experience with the w210's because I am a w124 era guy but if you check on peachparts.com you might find some valuable info.

Good luck and sweet ride! Love the wagons!
                    1990 Mercedes 300CE- 24 valve

Comment

I was referring to wheels and nothing else, I have a E320 and really nothing out there as far as performance so I just leave it well maintained stock form.

But I agree, forged machine shop looking wheels do tend to be the lightest and thus resulting in extra perfomance over my heavy cast and spun OZ's

Comment

Originally posted by wagonist View Post
                        I was referring to wheels and nothing else, I have a E320 and really nothing out there as far as performance so I just leave it well maintained stock form.

But I agree, forged machine shop looking wheels do tend to be the lightest and thus resulting in extra perfomance over my heavy cast and spun OZ's
                        Oh okay my bad I misread that lol

Have you thought about a centrifugal supercharger?

It would all be somewhat bolt on and fairly easy. You have the obd 2 ecu, right?

If you want I could get together a parts list for you.

You could safely run an intercooled system under 8 or 9psi on stock internals and never have an issue with it. Would be good for at least 75-100hp at the minimum

Comment

Originally posted by conski View Post
                          Oh okay my bad I misread that lol

Have you thought about a centrifugal supercharger?

It would all be somewhat bolt on and fairly easy. You have the obd 2 ecu, right?

If you want I could get together a parts list for you.

You could safely run an intercooled system under 8 or 9psi on stock internals and never have an issue with it. Would be good for at least 75-100hp at the minimum
                          Benz without diesel motor ain't a Benz.

Luckily I live in Finland where we have daily driven 500-600whp diesel mercs. Bone stock OM606 + built pump with 7mm or 8mm elements and big ass turbo. OM603 and OM605 are also damn good motors for over 400whp.

I'm looking to get healthy 250-280whp / +500Nm trq out of my OM602. Holset HX35 and modded pump should do the trick.

Ever heard of 9 second diesel w124? We have one.

Comment

Originally posted by maKe View Post
                            Benz without diesel motor ain't a Benz.

Luckily I live in Finland where we have daily driven 500-600whp diesel mercs. Bone stock OM606 + built pump with 7mm or 8mm elements and big ass turbo. OM603 and OM605 are also damn good motors for over 400whp.

I'm looking to get healthy 250-280whp / +500Nm trq out of my OM602. Holset HX35 and modded pump should do the trick.

Ever heard of 9 second diesel w124? We have one.
                            Holy shit! Those engines are definitely more bullet proof then the m103/m104's.

I'd love to see some pics of these engine bays and dyno graphs.

You guys over in europe are leagues ahead of us in the U.S. when it comes to turbocharging the mercedes as far as pushing the limits goes lol

Comment

You asked for it.

Cheap Ol' OM603: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9gJr...eature=related

Sick OM605 in 200d, 549whp/ 521ft-lbs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pd-dO...layer_embedded

King of the hill, OM606 3l 24v straight six. In different variations, but latest trend is 2x turbo and 1x roots supercharger in this W123 wagon. Supposed to have around ~700whp and 740 ft-lbs:

Youtube: Motor,
                              Youtube: Car itself

We also like to put benz motors in everything.
                              Heres E30 with OM606, obviously with 1x turbo and 1x eaton supercharger. 600whp / 663ft-lbs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDK3K...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRmyJ...eature=related

Small burnout: http://teamlmd.1g.fi/kuvat/e30+330Cd/Burnis+vol.1+.mp4

Some misc diesel benzes here all in one clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep-soNJ8D8Y

Finally tip of the iceberg, drift w123 wagon! Built in Finland, driven by finn
                              Yeah you guessed it....OM606 + 1x turbo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24afjVqm2Uw

Thats how we roll here. Diesel ftw.

Comment

Working...
                              X