mkIII jetta advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mkIII jetta advice

ok so for some reason this hasnt bother me untill recently looking at photo's with the mkIII with the side plastic pieces on them, id like to get mine they are not there id also like to know whats the best wheel size for he mkIII i have 15x7.5 on the car now they are drag dr20's wrapped in 195/50/15 falken and after chilling with Vegas known as Vegas13 on here and trying some winter rims on with even bigger tires and seeing they can fit with the -40 offset and i forgot what these where either 0 or +40 vegas would remember if i asked him, but whats a good width for wheel on these cars? the current ones in the back are rubbing the coilovers we found that out. also a good front lip? and misc little parts any good sites for this stuff? or is it just knowing what u want and taking your sweet ass time and finding it
    Last edited by boboridesbmx; 11-12-2010, 02:54 AM.

8x16" front and 9,5x16" rear are pretty common here in Finland on mk3's.
    Just stretch them tires and they will sit flush and you can get really low.
    I used to have 7,5x16" all around on my mk3, they were def. not wide enough.

I'm going to be rocking some 8x17's next season on my mk3, they will fit with 195/40 tires.
    Should be able to go somewhat low with them, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Down View Post
      8x16" front and 9,5x16" rear are pretty common here in Finland on mk3's.
      Just stretch them tires and they will sit flush and you can get really low.
      I used to have 7,5x16" all around on my mk3, they were def. not wide enough.

I'm going to be rocking some 8x17's next season on my mk3, they will fit with 195/40 tires.
      Should be able to go somewhat low with them, too.
      hmmm mmk cause i have 7.5 now and they rub on the coilover in the back....so im tyring to think of something that will work out good

Comment

Well, if they rub on the coils you need to get some spacers or wheels with less ET. ;>
        My old wheels were ET 35, no rubbing there.

Comment

Originally posted by Down View Post
          Well, if they rub on the coils you need to get some spacers or wheels with less ET. ;>
          My old wheels were ET 35, no rubbing there.
          the et on these now is 8
          Last edited by boboridesbmx; 11-12-2010, 01:07 PM.

Comment

15's are a bit too small (in my opinion of course). 17's are too big (I had a mk3 with 17's... looked ridiculous). 16's all the way!

Here's my old Mk3 Jetta VR6 (being trailered as usual due to electrical gremlins lol)

Comment

Originally posted by MrFukengruven View Post
              15's are a bit too small (in my opinion of course). 17's are too big (I had a mk3 with 17's... looked ridiculous). 16's all the way!

Here's my old Mk3 Jetta VR6 (being trailered as usual due to electrical gremlins lol)
              bahaha as usual? what problem u have

Comment

Originally posted by boboridesbmx View Post
                the et on these now is 8
                I feel like you have the offset wrong. Most people run 7.5 with ET25-ish up front with no problems. What coils are you running?

Comment

Originally posted by blackjellybean View Post
                  I feel like you have the offset wrong. Most people run 7.5 with ET25-ish up front with no problems. What coils are you running?
                  no coils...:/ supersport cup shocks and springs.

Comment

16's fit a mk3 the best. For 15's and 17's, i think it depends on the wheel. I have 17's and they don't look bad, but i prefer 16's. A couple of good pairs would be between 16x7/16x8, 16x7.5/16x9, 16x8/16x9, 16x8.5/16x9.5, etc.

If there are any shows around your area, thats a good way to pick up parts. You could try to find side skirts there. The best way to find decent plastic side skirts is to find a glx being parted out. If they don't have the top molding you could go to ecstuning and they have them there for about $60 each. They were being sold from the dealer but i heard that vw stopped. I could be mistaken.

Tmtuning
                    Ecstuning
                    BlackForestIndustries
                    WRDusa
                    FourSeasonTuning
                    -Tim
                    Got Twitter? Tweet It!
                    Vortex|Mk3vr97|

Comment

Originally posted by EmK3 View Post
                      16's fit a mk3 the best. For 15's and 17's, i think it depends on the wheel. I have 17's and they don't look bad, but i prefer 16's. A couple of good pairs would be between 16x7/16x8, 16x7.5/16x9, 16x8/16x9, 16x8.5/16x9.5, etc.

If there are any shows around your area, thats a good way to pick up parts. You could try to find side skirts there. The best way to find decent plastic side skirts is to find a glx being parted out. If they don't have the top molding you could go to ecstuning and they have them there for about $60 each. They were being sold from the dealer but i heard that vw stopped. I could be mistaken.

Tmtuning
                      Ecstuning
                      BlackForestIndustries
                      WRDusa
                      FourSeasonTuning
                      ahh just the information i was looking for!!! thank you so much man and welcome to the forum!

Comment

ET+23 is perfect in my opinion. I had some Ronals with 195 45s on them and they sat great

Comment

Originally posted by boboridesbmx View Post
                          ahh just the information i was looking for!!! thank you so much man and welcome to the forum!
                          No problem.
                          And thanks bro
                          -Tim
                          Got Twitter? Tweet It!
                          Vortex|Mk3vr97|

Comment

The electrical gremlins are horrible, I dont have blinkers, and occasionally I dont have reverse lights, if I disconnect my battery for more than 20 minutes my car runs like complete shit for about 4 days, and my windshield wipers just feel like they need to always turn on.
                            sorry for the long post, just saying what you should look out for, Im not the only one with these problems
                            Volkswagen Jetta, MKiii (Daily)
                            BMW 320i, E21 (FOR SALE)

Comment

Working...
                            X