Leaky bags...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaky bags...

Hey guys this is my first post. Just stumbled across this site by accident. I shall introduce myself properly shortly.

I just wanted to know if anyone had experienced this before. I've got bags fitted all round and recently whether the car is parked or on the move the front starts to lose pressure until the bags empty. The back ones are totally fine and stay set. I've had it into the garage and they've checked it out and can find no fault with the lines or the bags. It's annoying as it's making the car undriveable, as i'm constantly having to keep an eye on the gauge in case it drops as i'm driving. Anyone had this happen to them or know any solutions?

Cheers, in advance!

Jas.

what kind of car is it?
    Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

It is a Peugeot 206, it's a UK car.

Comment

Ive heard of that happening on cars with really heavy front ends. like on my brothers Lincoln on air, it used to do that cause of the weight up front. he added a valve in the lines and the issue went away. it wasnt leaky bag, just the air kinda back feeding through the system. but your car, i dont see having that issue
        Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Yeah i know it's not a big car heavy car. So i'm just confused as to why it's doing it. I'm just constantly having to top up the front end as i drive it. It's getting to be a pain tbh lol.

Comment

How did you cut your line ends? $10 says that's the issue. Get a line cutter, or if you can't find one, use a razor blade and cut each end perfectly straight.
            Most leaks are caused by bad line end cuts.

Comment

Are your valves assembled correctly? Or is it a premade manifold? Either way, double and triple check how the valves are assembled. You can spray some soapy water on each connection where there is a fitting and/or line to check to see if it bubbles up which would indicate a leak. And like Mike said, check the way the lines are cut as well.
              Originally posted by Jesus Christ
              if "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" doesnt include being able to buy a huge veiny motherfucker then the declaration of independence isnt worth the hemp it was written on.
              Originally posted by Jedidiah
              he speaks the truth.. he doesn't even have the -- -- eyes.

Comment

I have a wierd leak that only shows up at extremely low temperatures. I think the rubber seals on the bag-over-strut are shrinking/stiffening in extreme cold (like 20 degrees F), Temps from 30-40 F or 0-5 C are perfectly fine.
                My first JDM project after decades of European cars!

Comment

What kind of bags are you running up front as well, you can overtighten the fitting and crack the port on some if not too careful.
                  killasnapshot

Comment

Working...
                  X