C&C needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C&C needed

I took a couple pics yesterday while out working on the plane and I cant tell if I like them or not.

Photo noob likes them

Comment

Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
      Photo noob likes them
      Haha thanks, I am pretty much a noob myself.

Comment

They are a little to cool for my taste (see how the silver car looks blue) and the front of the car is way too dark in the first shot.

Second shot looks nice but the sky is blown out. They are nice pictures, but they could use some PP lovin.

Comment

Originally posted by Pswirley View Post
          They are a little to cool for my taste (see how the silver car looks blue) and the front of the car is way too dark in the first shot.

Second shot looks nice but the sky is blown out. They are nice pictures, but they could use some PP lovin.
          I have tried messing with the wb in lightroom and cant seem to get the first one any better.

Also what does "blown out" mean. Way too bright?

Comment

Blown out is when it ends up lookin just white, I think. When it loses all detail.

Comment

The background and her arm for example

Comment

what arm.... heh

Comment

Originally posted by mpower5266 View Post
                  I have tried messing with the wb in lightroom and cant seem to get the first one any better.

Also what does "blown out" mean. Way too bright?
                  Try to desaturate the blues out of the picture.

Comment

Better?

Comment

You already know the answer.

Comment

So what would you do with the plane pic? Same thing?

Comment

Plane pic needs fill light.

My best suggestion for the plane would be to go back tomorrow and shoot it again with flash to fill up the dark areas with light and cancel out some of that glaring white background.

Comment

Originally posted by mpower5266 View Post
                            Better?
                            I thought the original looked fine, this one has a yellow tint to it. the ground, the white on the copter, and the silver is now yellow. Before, was fine because the silver is going to reflect the sky and "be blue." I would crop it more from the right to cut the car directly in half instead of having that little bit of the right kidney in the pic. Otherwise I like it, could've been a little more interesting with a play on depth of field (e38 in focus/copter blurry and vice versa).

As for the second photo, I agree with swinny about needing the fill light in the first place, but from this photo as it is, I dig it. Good contrast and I don't have a problem with blown out skies most of time cause without a fill flash, it's impossible to achieve proper exposure for something so dark against a bright sky. I don't really understand what the pic is of though lol.
                            Ryan | flickr

Comment

First one for me just says "There is a helicopter and a 7 Series". I think something more 'ballin' that says "I was chauffered up to the pad in my 7 and I got into my Heli" would give a better feel to the photo. This would require mving the car and your feet to get that shot. As Casey said it looks a little blue for me too...

2nd shot it needs fill light on the engine as that is really really dark. 2nd exposure for the engine and then 3rd just for the sky

Do it!

Comment

Working...
                              X