e46 Bumper Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e46 Bumper Question

I'm looking for a new front bumper at the moment and just wanted to confirm whether or not the coupe/convertible bumpers will fit the sedan/tourings?

I thought the coupe's etc were wider or something

Thanks for the help!

As far as i know they will fit.
    Originally posted by Oxer
    I dont know why, but I love your car.. Its OEM cleanness makes me happy in the genitals.

Comment

I dont think they do... hence the reason when you are shopping for bumpers it always say Sedan only, or Coupe only... thats just using logical deduction, but I may be wrong.

Comment

Yeah I don't think they do but was wondering if it was like the other M wheel offsets/sizes don't fit non M myth being the bmw world and all!

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymoose View Post
          Yeah I don't think they do but was wondering if it was like the other M wheel offsets/sizes don't fit non M myth being the bmw world and all!
          if (A) youre a pussy they wont fit or (B) you read/listen to the guys on BFC they wont fit... when In all reality they fit just fine, depending on tire selection you may need to roll the rears. M front bumpers fit preface lift coupes and convertibles with no mod. face lift models need the facia guides/retainers at the fenders to make them fit

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyBoyOne3 View Post
            if (A) youre a pussy they wont fit or (B) you read/listen to the guys on BFC they wont fit... when In all reality they fit just fine, depending on tire selection you may need to roll the rears. M front bumpers fit preface lift coupes and convertibles with no mod. face lift models need the facia guides/retainers at the fenders to make them fit
            Yeah they fit piece of piss, see avatar Do you happen to have a link to these facia guides/retainers? Are they the mounting bracket sort of deal gizmo's?

Cheers for the help man

Comment

i thought it was more that the coupes and verts dont have the balck trim recess fitted so a front only coupe bumper could look a bit gay with a sedan rear.

the lights are the same internally - its the front 'cover' and indicator lense that differ so it should physically fit the car fine.

Comment

I believe the coupe bumpers are a few mm wider.

Comment

If I remember correctly, coupe bumpers covers are ~1/2" wider than the sedan bumper covers.

Comment

coupe bumpers and m3 bumpers are wider than sedan bumpers. ALSO you need to find a way to mount them to the reinforcement bar since the sedan bumpers and mtech bumpers with strips mount via clips. it will fit if you make it fit.

Comment

the mounting is different, and depending on if its a 330 bumper on a 325 car or vice versa, the openings at the bottom are way different. i recommend getting something like i had on my old 2000 323. my front bumper was a racing dynamics piece that flowed flawlessly with the rest of the stock panels:

hard to see, but its the best pic that i have, the center opening is basically a grafted in e46 m3 opening

Comment

They are suitable actually.
                        SKF bearing

Comment

Working...
                        X