W124 build - test fit with BBS RS - tire question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W124 build - test fit with BBS RS - tire question

hey guys im test fitting a 16x8.5 with 205/50 tire.
    the reason why im posting this up is because i wasnt not satisfied with the fitment.
    I AM GOING LOWER... but for now i worried about the tire size.
    i was wondering if i should go with a lower profile tire and perhaps a shorter width too. any feedback and help would be greatly appreciated...

so any suggestions on tire size???
    Last edited by freshjive80; 10-21-2010, 09:41 AM. Reason: wrong width
    @KNOLAS on Instagram #lownslowcrew

you sure about your numbers? im not trying to be rude, i only ask because i have a 205/50 mounted on a 16x 9.5 here and its way more stretched

on these wheels i will be going to a 205/45, i think that will provide a good look and also allow minimal rubbing. hope thats helpfull....
    *CLICKY*add us on the facebook
    blog www.gotoelevens.blogspot.com *** www.AceUpMotorsports.com ***www.azdriven.com board sponser

Comment

go 45 series.
      The 50 is too meaty for my liking.

Comment

@freshjive80
        Whats the offset on those babies?

Comment

looks more like a 205 on an 8.5

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

Your numbers are 100% wrong, I had 225/45/18s on an 18x8 on my old car that had more stretch than that.
            1988 Toyota MR2 Supercharged
            Stance:Nation Feature | Build Thread

Comment

once you get a good stretched tire on there, throw up some full car pics, i wanna see how it looks with the rs's on it
              1990 Mercedes 300CE- 24 valve

Comment

I finally figured out how to measure the correct width. It's 8.5 width on a 205! So with that said I'm going with a different tire that has a softer a sider like exclaim. I'll update with pics as I go along.

Comment

A softer sidewall isn't all you need, you need to go with a 45 series side wall, and make it a 195.
                  - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

195/40/16 yokohama s.drives will likely be your best choice for stretch, performance, price and treadwear.
                    1988 Toyota MR2 Supercharged
                    Stance:Nation Feature | Build Thread

Comment

thanks for all the help...

Originally posted by CrazyCripple View Post
                      @freshjive80
                      Whats the offset on those babies?
                      +0

Originally posted by kramerbuccs24 View Post
                      195/40/16 yokohama s.drives will likely be your best choice for stretch, performance, price and treadwear.
                      so now im looking at a 195/45 ... a 40 would be so hard to tuck because im on 16's

Comment

Originally posted by hypercrush View Post
                        you sure about your numbers? im not trying to be rude, i only ask because i have a 205/50 mounted on a 16x 9.5 here and its way more stretched

on these wheels i will be going to a 205/45, i think that will provide a good look and also allow minimal rubbing. hope thats helpfull....
                        what kind of lip is that. wish my benz was black so i can paint the grill like that!

Comment

sorry to threadjack! its a AMG front lip made for a 500sl. i modified it a bit. im also making a lip from scratch for my car, heres the prototype/pattern

i have a thread, but i dunno how to copy a link haha. just search "sawblades on my 190e"
                          sorry again OP!
                          blog www.gotoelevens.blogspot.com *** www.AceUpMotorsports.com ***www.azdriven.com board sponser

Comment

^^ Nice I don't see how that will last long driving that low!!

Comment

lol it probably wont! but i make and sell parts for a living, so once it dies i just have to lay up a new one. think i will make a carbon one first and see how that holds up...

Comment

Working...
                              X