Bag over Struts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bag over Struts

Hi - first I apologise if there are 6365684 threads dedicated to this query but wwhen I put in "bag over strut" the search engine ignores the words "bag" and "over" so I end up with a plethora of threads to trawl through as you might imagine the keyword "strut" in a website like StanceWorks is pretty common....

So without much more gibber jabber..

I was wondering where it was possible to buy bags on their own (without the strut) like this

and this

I have spent a fair bit of time trying to find what I need but nearly all avenues take me down to a "kit"

My car would be considered unusual in the worldwide bagging scene and the kit I have seen that may do is enormously expensive. I could end up with something that may not work for a lot of cash money..

So I have resolved to build myself something which I know will work..

Any help you guys could give would be greatly appreciated..

BTW - I prefer quality over price when it comes to my components..

sure, you can buy aerosports to put over the struts.

drop me a line and i'll be more than happy to take care of you or if you just wanna shoot the breeze, i'm here to help out.

I used to be famous.

somewhere between I want it and I got it.

Comment

ive been planning on sporting a bag over struts setup also. i just dunno if I need to keep my K's or use my OEM struts.

Comment

Cheers Andrew - what sort of price do you have for these?
        (FYI - I am in NZ at the bum end of the earth.. :-)

I have had a build thread going for my car and have searched the net for some ideas - this is the ideas I am going to use as someone in Germany with a similar model car has already done it.. So I have copied their pictures for reference..

I plan on building a set of rear arms like this

and a set of struts like this

on this car

Last edited by kk-kolonel; 10-11-2010, 04:28 AM.

Comment

(opel) ascona estate?

curious to c the finished product

have a nice photoshop somewhere of a regular one if u need ideas
          Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Its what we call a Holden Commodore over here - in Europe they are called an Opel Rekord

this is a Opel Rekord - and what we would call the "VC" Commodore - (made in 1980-1981)

mine is a "VH" Commodore (made in 1982-1983) which they never made in an Opel version but from the windscreen back they are more or less the same as the 80-81 Rekord (other than the LHD/RHD differences)

Would like to see your photoshopped version if you care to share..

Cheers

Comment

tho not entirely your car

Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

That's whatcha need, bud. Good luck with your build and be sure to post progress pics and such.

Comment

Cheers mate - I'll chuck up a build thread to show from the beginning..

Comment

hey!!

awesome to see some pics of my custom work

greets from munich

robert

Comment

Working...
                    X