Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Bagger

Hi All,

I've read through many many pages of this forum and have learned alot about bagging, though i still know nothing. this is my first bag project, so i want to see if there are any suggestions as to where I should begin as most of what i've seen is VW/BMW...although its good to know im not the first volvo.

Vehicle is 1996 Volvo 850R wagon

not a daily but driven often

in ct so i def gets cold

looking to dive into this around springtime '11 and ideally i'd like it to be as plug and play as it can be... leaving the option to revert to normal suspension available.

$$$< 3000?

i love stance but having a lowered car (volvo s60awd) not make it over speed bumps etc is the worst...i just wanna be on air!

all advise is appreciated!

can you post some pics of the struts?

for management there are a lot of options being paddle valves which is full manual all the way up to full digitial depending on what you want to do with the system

im sure others will chime in on this
    Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

search more on s10forum or another air ride place also. you need to learn more on valves and actual switches and ride height psi and types of bags and such .

i mean u can just go out and buy but when you know what you got and know how to take it apart and fix anything that will happen you will feel better on your setup and you will be more pleased on your outcome .

can you weld ? or custom make parts and such . are you good with your hands and fab work?

Comment

Airridetalk.com and the air ride section of VWvortex are very helpful!!
        killasnapshot

Comment

You could def. get something set up for less than 3gs. You will have to do some work probably, but it's nothing complicated.

Comment

I'll try to get pics of the struts soon. Thanks for the advice on other forums, ill def be reading up on it. Unfortunately my welding skills never went past shop class so i would not be the one to start custom fabbing...as much as i wish i could.

"i mean u can just go out and buy but when you know what you got and know how to take it apart and fix anything that will happen you will feel better on your setup and you will be more pleased on your outcome ." ~ EXACTLY! this project has me a little nervous as it's outside my skill level once welding and fabbing becomes involved but i will have help from a professional mechanic if neccesary with the install.

Geschlecht thanks for the reassurance...i think if i spend the time researching i should find a set up that isnt gonna be terribly difficult to work into my application. I''l keep you posted thanks so far!

Comment

Your best bet, learn how to take apart your suspension, how to run a power and ground wire, and how to run air lines and you are basically set. None of these things are hard to do.

All you would have to do is remove your struts, send them to a company, or take them to a local shop and have them weld on brackets and what not, and then once they are equipped for air ride reinstall them, run air lines, and wire up your compressor to your battery with an ignition switch or manual switch for power.

This might change a little depending on your suspension set up, but I am pretty sure this should be then extent of it for your car. I would check out turbobricks.com and go to community>forums index, and check out some stuff on there. I am pretty sure they have some info on bagging your car specifically.

Comment

Working...
              X