M3 rims feel wobbly??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M3 rims feel wobbly??

hi im running a 528i (99) on 19 e46 m3 rims al around. fronts are 19X8, and rears r 19X9.5 (stock #s) one of the rims cracked bad so i bought a new rim ( m3) its still 5X120 and 19X9.5 but the inside diameter of the rim ( where da BMW center cap would go ) was off by a few MM. why ? i dont know i thought they all came the same, so i took it to a machine shop and the guy left it just how i had the older rim ( the one that cracked, same diameter and everything), i mounted the rim on no problems, nice and tight no play or looseness. then i drove it around the block and it felt very wobbly in da back.. only after 30mph+. could the rim just need to get balanced? or is it something bigger. also the back tires are 275,35,19. incase its needed..thanx,(very noob ?, but last thing i need is more money dumped into the car

did you balance the rim/tire combination after mounting the tire?

Comment

dont think the m3 rims are hubcentric to your car
      -Jorge-

Comment

I know its stupid but check your subframe, when mine broke the car was really hard to drive

Comment

Balance your wheel/tire.

AmberLamps..... Get rid of them!

Comment

check if the wheels are balanced right, and make sure you tightened the bolts.
            -Instagram@jdjurhuus
            Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

you said that the centrebore of the wheel is way off by a few mm's.

YOU NEED HUBCENTRIC RINGS FOR YOUR WHEELS! i gurantee it.

Comment

wobbles

The rim and tire were balanced before the bore ..even if the wheel got machine while it was on the tire on its still needed to balance?

Comment

Yes go and balance it again to make sure. i would bet 5dollars that is it.
                  -Instagram@jdjurhuus

Comment

Apparently town fair tire gave me a new tire that waS damAged .so tomorrow everything shuld be settled ...thanks everyone for the amazing feedback and suggestions

Comment

Check that your wheel was properly bored out by jacking up the car then use something to reference where the edge of the rim is by barely contacting it. Rotate the wheel slowly while looking for any changes in the rim's radius from the center of the hub. It's kind of hard to put in to words but is a simple check that eliminates the possibility of the wheel being bored out off center.
                      sigpic

Comment

a little late

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

Just got the wheel back and its all good now ...the tire was bubbled at da side wall people from when I drove it on a flat due to da run being cracked ..but town fair rude replaced it and its fine now ...thanx a whole lot for da interest and attention showed

Comment

Originally posted by prod0660 View Post
                            Just got the wheel back and its all good now ...the tire was bubbled at the side wall people from when I drove it on a flat due to the run being cracked ..but town fair rude replaced it and its fine now ...thanks a whole lot for the interest and attention showed

Fixed. Writing the word "the" really isn't too hard.

Comment

da is faster to type then the, everyone knows that
                              -Instagram@jdjurhuus

Comment

Working...
                              X