Static CLK63 AMG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Static CLK63 AMG

The last drop we posted on here, the 'bagged E46 M3, sure gathered a lot of attention. For as many dropped jaws as there were, there were equally as many angry townspeople with pitchforks and fire.

So here's a little something for the static crowd: A client's CLK63 AMG dropped on KW coilovers.

It can go lower, but we want to see what the client thinks first. Rim tuck is definitely feasible. It's tough to convince the owner of an $80,000+ car to lower his car to the point where it starts to ruin the underbody to immense degrees, throwing sparks like it's the Fourth of July.

Check out before and after shots on the blog!

http://www.fluidmotorunion.com/archives/4512
    Last edited by FluidMotorUnion; 09-24-2010, 10:37 AM.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
    www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
    I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

is it a girl's car? must get wider wheels.. sweet amg fosho
    91 DiamondSchwartzMetallic S52 Slicktop, 91 Calypso M42, 89 Royalblau M20, 84 Euro E30, M535, Euro e24, ap1

www.RenownUSA.com
    ig @rudestance / @renownusa

Comment

Spacers on the way! We have some plans for this vehicle.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
      www.stanceworks.com

Comment

Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion View Post
        Static hasn't looked this good since you were stoned and the cable went out.

Where's the after pics? I wanna see it dropped

Comment

Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
          Where's the after pics? I wanna see it dropped
          -Jorge-

Comment

meh

Comment

i honestly thought those were before shots :/ , but given fmu's track record im sure epicness is to come

Comment

The KWs are set up somewhat awkwardly for this car. We got the rears down to the point of tucking rim, and it looked great. However, the rear wheel arches are a lot lower than the front ones are on the CLK, so when the car was totally level with the rim tuck in the rear, there was still gap up front, providing for more of an awkward boat-look. So we raised the rear a bit, to where you see it there, to give it more of a raked look. Any lower in the fronts, and there needs to be some modification to the car to prevent serious rubbing issues. And, since the customer only came in for a coilover install, we weren't going to start modifying the body without his permission.

We're going to add spacers at the very least to get the stance dialed in a bit more, the next time he comes in. He's got his car back for now, but we're sure he's been bitten by the bug of stance, so he'll be back soon.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                www.stanceworks.com

Comment

Still very confused by the "static hasn't looked this good" statement. It looks stock and most cars here throw sparks static.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
                    Still very confused by the "static hasn't looked this good" statement. It looks stock and most cars here throw sparks static.
                    I was embellishing. Mostly because this quote came up in my head and I thought it sounded clever. Besides, it's not just the drop itself that makes something look good. It's a mixture of both the car's aesthetics and the look of the drop. And the CLK is not a bad looking car, even in stock form.

[edit]Since I've apparently been out-English-Major'ed, I just removed it to prevent any further semantic discrepancies.

The spark throwing is impressive, and our static M Roadster shop car does just that, but most people who come in here don't want their $80,000+ cars throwing sparks and ripping out the reflectors from the asphalt (for understandable reasons), and it's difficult to convince them otherwise on most occasions.

Speaking of low, that xB that ripped out a chunk of speedbump still remains the most epic static-related picture ever. Trying to beat that is like trying to replace the Mona Lisa's spot in the Louvre with something you painted last week.
                    Last edited by FluidMotorUnion; 09-24-2010, 11:20 AM.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                    www.stanceworks.com

Comment

Working...
                    X