X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what the lowest setup for e28

I need help!
    ??????

Probable one of burroughs. Cut springs and one on bags... If I am not mistaken?

Comment

FDDS Springs.

Comment

i dont want to cut my spring. and if the ground control complete coilover kit go low?

Comment

Originally posted by wille28 View Post
          i dont want to cut my spring. And if the ground control complete coilover kit go low?
          syntax error

-1993 535i/5 NA-T

Comment

GC coilovers with custom springs or Spax springs with aftermarket shocks (i.e. Billy sports)

Comment

Originally posted by CSBolger View Post
              syntax error
              sorry im a french canadian a suck in english

Comment

I would like to know this also.
                New to the site, trying to sell my MB 190 so i can get a E28.
                Anybody know sumthing about custom supensions? Like make coils from another car fit or sumthing?

Comment

really the lowest setup would be the ireland engineering coil over idea. threaded bodies on billy sports revalved to spec and h&r race springs, they usualy go with a 7 or 8 inch spring but h&r makes like 5 and 6 inch springs in very high spring rates to go along with helper springs just dont get helper springs..., if you simply revalved your billys to match the high spring rate of the short springs youd be strait. and have a stiff as shit car that wont bottom out and still act right over most bumps. the e28 suspension is plenty robust to handle it but your oil pan will have a death sentence. rear camber/toe correction and a set of front camber/caster plates and your car could still handle like its supposed to. if you run bags like spasticdwarf on track performance is probably shit.

i think youd be running like 550+ pound springs they come in 25lbs increments but the shorter ones are higher rates. dont go with the 3 or 4 inch springs they are helper springs.. given the amount of money involved in a setup like this ireland should be more then happy to help you.

ground control uses koni shocks and their ebiach springs, i cannot see ground control being able to get a super slammed setup with adequate dampening with koni's and they still with have longer springs. but ground control is plenty low to trash your oil pan in short order and get stuck on speed bumps.

UPDATE: im saying this because i **** koni shocks after experiencing the wonders of correctly valved billy shocks, koni's can do the same but only after rebuilding and THEN shock dyno testing to note realistic adjuster settings and possibal rebuilding again when you find out the (shock not ride height) adjusters are a stupid idea. ground control's setup does not work with billy shocks but Ireland engineering's do. same thing just a slightly diffrent front spring perch setup.

and i didnt know ground control would sell you shorter springs, still 4 inch spring on koni shocks with stock travel?........
                  Last edited by scoobiedoo2029; 10-07-2010, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Sooo....that made no sense to me at all, but thanks for the effort. I did sum reading, and the front supsension is a McPherson setup, so it must be possible to make coils from another car fit.

For the rear i think i gonna go with cut springs and sum sort of bumpstops. Not gonna be a high performance machine, just a ultra low cruzer..

Comment

spasticdwarf ran and a few other e28 owners are running ground control set-ups and they are slammed to the ground. the trick is to run shorter springs. i'm thinking about going this route here since i really dont see any other way to do it right. good luck.

Comment

Ground Control.

Comment

What Mr. Burroughs just said. Ground Control coilovers + 4" springs. I can turn my fronts all the way up and it's still slammed.

Comment

But ground control costs around $1500, and the i have to pay alot of extra tax to get it to the netherlands.
                            No one ever thougt of fitting coils from another car up front?

Comment

You're making your front coils no matter what you do. You just use a strut insert and weld on your perches and such.

Out back, use an E34 coilover.

You have to pay to play though.

Comment

Working...
                              X