Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What am I doing wrong? These BC Coilovers should go lower...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What am I doing wrong? These BC Coilovers should go lower...

Pretty sure I'm doing something wrong here but I don't know what.

I've preloaded the spring so that the preload collar only had like .5 inch of threads left, then spun the strut down into the shock body. The car still has a half-inch of fender gap left though.

Someone prease herp.

Take out those two extra locking collars that aren't being used, they are just taking up space.

Comment

It looks like theres another inch under all those adjusters!

If you have to ask people on an internet forum what you should do to your car, you should just leave it alone.

Comment

what they said. remove the locking collars and butt the lower bracket and lower perch against each other.

Comment

Bye bye perch rings!
          MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
          Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

My BC's (Mazda3) did the same. I didn't want to remove collars so I got shorter springs, shock cartridges, and lower profile collars from BC directly.

I like em dropped.

Comment

Here i did a full write up so hopefully this would help you..

I was having the same issue with my Megan Coilover's, until i called Megan and i told them that i was complete maxed out in the rear the Sleeve was at it's max, that when they told me to adjust pre-load.

I know BC have Pre-load adjustment, you may want to contact BC and talk to them, because some of the member on my forums are on BC and they are LOW. But you can always adjust pre-load..

For me i don't know if you saw my thread here or now, but if you check the Showroom you will see my Before and After pictures of the rear Pre-load adjustment. The front i just lowered the Sleeve a little more..

Any who here are the link to my Sticky thread's

(Coil-overs: How to properly adjust ride height after spring pre-load has been set)

(Coilovers: How To Set Spring Pre-load)
              10' V6 Coupe BBP

Comment

Working...
              X