Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those of you running bolt-on spacers....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those of you running bolt-on spacers....

What are your thoughts/reviews on them? I'm really tempted to pick up some 20mm bolt-on spacers to help reduce my sunk syndrome in the rear. I've always kind of questioned the safety of them. I daily drive my car and want to keep it safe, of course. Thoughts?
    WFC#293 | flickr | Vimeo | DailyDetergent.com

PM me for photo shoots in South Florida!

I would like to know also. I think they are fine but would like input also.

Comment

Just make sure to get the correct spacer for the vehicle. Make the spacer is match with the hub so that the bulk weight will be on the hub and not on the studs.

A 20mm spacer should not cause any problems if you get the right spacers. 4x4 guys are running 1,2,3 inch spacers and have been for years and years...

Like anything automotive, just do it right the first time!
      Current Project: 1988 535is --- Pics and Info When Its Worthy

Comment

for 20mm or smaller spacers what is proper - bolt-on or input???

flickr

Comment

H&R makes the bolt-on spacers for 25mm and larger. 20mm and smaller can be done with longer bolts/studs

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
          Oh FUCK YES, 6-10 inches for me this weekend. FUCK YES!

Comment

The weight is not on the bolt unless you bolt them on incorrectly. Properly bolted and torqued wheels do not transfer weight on to the bolt with or without spacers. I like using hubcentric spacers for ease, not necessarily an issue of safety. I had 25mm's for about 8 months, thousands of miles of daily driving. Never even got loose.

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

I used to run a bolt on 20mm spacer, and a 10mm spacer on top of that with extended lugs. lol They were properly torqued and hubcentric though. Never had a single problem.

IG: @_olliee

Comment

i ran bolt on 35mm Spacers on my 240sx. hubcentric is the way to go, and make sure you tighten the spacer to teh hub, tighter than you would your wheels.

like previously stated, do it right, and no problems.

Comment

I had 25mm Hub centric spacer before and never had any issues with it..
                  10' V6 Coupe BBP

Comment

yep had spacers and never had any problems, just make sure u have the correct bolt. my friend had slightly to short bolts and well it wasn't long on these shity uk roads before he came a cropper.

Comment

I'm glad to see all of the positive input. There's so many mixed reviews out there. Thanks, guys.
                      WFC#293 | flickr | Vimeo | DailyDetergent.com

PM me for photo shoots in South Florida!

Comment

Working...
                      X