question for you bmw guys!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question for you bmw guys!

so im doing some research for coils for a e46 330i and was looking to try and see which coilovers go the lowest? I have looked and searched and most are saying kw v2's but i was thinking do the FK high sports go low? Im running FK's on my dub and coming form the vw scene they go the lowest, and was thinking than they must do the same for the e46. I dont care about handling and really ride quality...cant slam your shit & not enjoy some occational bouncing besides makes the girls boobs more fun to watch Im hoping to get a e46 as my next car and want to do air but coils first or than use the bag over coil method. So yeah wanting to learn about the suspension for these cars first so any help would be awesome.

Idk which go the lowest, but I know Teins do not (thats what I have).

A lot of people go low by taking out the helper spring in the KW's. Southpaw is slammed on DDM's I believe, he's probably as low as you can go on them. I always here people chanting Ground Control on here, maybe check them out?

I've tried to figure this out before but could never find an answer backed up by facts.

Comment

yeah i have the locking collar and helpers out of my FK's, helper springs make awesome pencil holders lol. Yeah defianbley trying to find some info but everyone on most of the sites like e46 fanatics m3post/forum etc there all byast to what they have cause none of them actually slam there rides and what they consider low is not low at all. I may just say fuck it and go air straight away, looking into what HPS could do for the e46

Comment

i dont have an e46 but GC on my e36 and e28 and can pretty much put both of them on the floor. i would look at those.

Comment

i have vmaxx!! lol
          -Matt

Comment

^yea you're on the ground haha

Originally posted by JSanders View Post
            A lot of people go low by taking out the helper spring in the KW's. Southpaw is slammed on DDM's I believe, he's probably as low as you can go on them. I always here people chanting Ground Control on here, maybe check them out?
            Yea I hear a lotta people talking about Ground Control (no info from me tho sorry lol), KW does go low too, I've got 'em on my xi and without taking out the helper springs I'm pretty low for an xi. I don't know too much about DDM, but I hear they have terrible ride quality (I know you said you don't really care about ride quality tho lol).
            Ryan | flickr

Comment

KW variant 2 and 3 and FK Königsports go equally low with the helpers in or removed.
              Main thing is that KWs are usually more expensive, which make the FKs more of a bargain.
              I've seen one seriously slammed e46 on GCs once, but can not for the life of me remember where.
              |Proper stance and stretch = An acquired taste|

Comment

kw v3 do not go low

Widebody B6 build

HIT ME UP if you need Ksport supplies. i can get them to you cheaper than anyone.

Comment

i was on ground controls. front wont go low unless you order some custom springs

ksport goes lower than kw and was what i was rollin on. i loved em. handled great too. I COULDVE WENT PROBABLY ANOTHER INCH ATLEAST.

Widebody B6 build

HIT ME UP if you need Ksport supplies. i can get them to you cheaper than anyone.

Comment

btw i can get you ksports for 800 if youre interested

Widebody B6 build

Comment

^^
                      god i loved ur car

yea i was gunna go with ksports. but i cheaped out and got vmaxx.
                      i mean i still like the vmaxx but no camber/dampening on em
                      -Matt

Comment

Thanks man, yeah your looks tight as hell. Thanks for the offer but i dont need them just yet, i have 1 more year on the lease of my car but im currently putting away in my "modding" account lol so hopefully a year from now ill have good money to do so epic stuff. Im jsut researching so i know what i want and what i need to do so i dont have to wait. What im planning to do is get a 330i and plant it on the ground, like full sub frame on ground using bags or was looking to see how low i could go with what coils were out there.

Comment

this is good stuff!, whats the best for a e46 cabrio which will get me stupidly low?

Comment

^^A friend of mine has K-Sports. They are really low. Like the one further up in this thread.
                            But for handling, which is only important on an M3, KW variant3 is top notch. But not really low. FK are also common in norway, and people say they are good value.
                            |Proper stance and stretch = An acquired taste|

Comment

im glad this topic was brought up, i was wondering the same thing as well. I'm hopefully getting some insurance (medical) money and will have maybe 2500 to myself. my plans were coils and possibly rims. all i ever really see talked about is the GC and the KW V2

-Michael

Comment

Working...
                              X