MAE Crown Jewel halp.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAE Crown Jewel halp.

Hello everyone, first post - My name is Ethan, I drive a 2000 Futrua Yellow GTI, and I'll make a proper intro later after I take some pictures.

I recently purchased a set a MAE Crown Jewels (Not the step lipped ones) off a vortex member, I got a pretty decent deal off of them because they have some mega weak sizes. Both are 18x8 and (supposedly) +30 offset. I'd like to buy new barrels for them, just so they aren't dumb sizes, but would they have to be actual MAE barrels? Or could I just get some random ones and make them work?

first things first, every mae isn't a crown jewel. there are at least 6 variations that all look very similar. very few are crown jewels.

if you have oz made mutlipiece sourcing parts is very simple.

what sounds more likely is you have the japanese mae made by riverside. if it's anything like other rivierside (trafficstar) wheels it won't be as easy (or cheap). older maya barrels may work since they were made by the same company around the same time.

Comment

So only the step-lipped version was made by OZ?

Thanks for the correction, I had no idea that they were different companies.

Here is what I have (the centers are getting painted for sure) :

Comment

yours are mae japan by riverside. i've also seen step lipped riverside made. the easiest way to tell is the number of mounting bolts. oz multipiece will have standard oz lips with more holes evenly spaced.

there are also oz and riverside made 1 pieces, oz made multipiece and monoblock (iirc) racing evo, and the crown jewels.

Comment

Working...
        X