The Bent Wheel Thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bent Wheel Thread...

I got this idea from the oil pan thread. I'm sure it doesn't happen that often, but thought it deserves its own thread.

So yeah, hauling down the highway yesterday at 60 MPH I hit a rather large pot hole. Jarred me to the point I almost bit my tongue. I stopped, checked the tire pressure and it was good, noticed there wasn't any damage to the outside lip, and carried on. I noticed there was a vibration so I pulled the tire today to look at it and here is what I found.

Damage is at 9 o'clock in this pic:

]

...and another:

I got out a block and a BFH and went to work. I got the bow out a little bit, but didn't want to over work the Aluminum. I threw the rim on the back, and now the vibration is much less noticeable. Over the winter I am going to rebalanced it and check for excessive run out. I hope next summer I will be able to afford some Rotiforms so these wheels will go down the road.

Even though they are only cheap $120 wheels, it still kinda suck.

So who else has bent a wheel???
    Last edited by andybob; 04-09-2011, 01:35 PM.

The Kia has been parted.

so awesome.

Comment

I would punch the ground if that happened to my RS's.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

OP, most towns will reimburse drivers for damaged property. A friend of mine bent a wheel driving down a local highway, she filed a claim, and was reimbursed very promptly.

Comment

This might make some people cringe. Bent the hell out of a Brock B4 about a month after I got them in spring 2007. Smacked a curb in a parking lot that I swear just jumped out of nowhere

When I got them (completely forgot about those Brock Car Fashion stickers, only remember them looking at these pictures lol)

Carnage

After they were fixed. Got the lips polished at the same time

How they looked the day I sold them spring 2009

Did this in May of this year to my CCW inner barrel after hitting a crazy pothole in PA on the way back from Blown Euros

Tire was fine and it just gave an annoying vibration so I got it balanced out and drove about 1000 miles on it while waiting to get a new barrel

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
          Oh FUCK YES, 6-10 inches for me this weekend. FUCK YES!

Comment

huh, nice thread, now you're gonna see what is the meaning of word "potholes", and i think that in my country they are much more than just potholes...

So i think that in my country really sucks to roll even not that hard...

flickr

Comment

ZOMGGGGG what country are you from?

04' 350z
              89' s13 Coupe - Sold

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
              That would liven things up a bit. I could go for a shooting right now.

Comment

Holy shizzle! this just created so much pain in my lower stomach right now lmao!
                either you drive in potholes at 160mph or the potholes are 10ft deep!
                This is insane.

Comment

i'm from Bulgaria, and there is no need to drive with 100-160mph to make results like that. The potholes are just so deep (more than 20-30cm) and so much that you just can't avoid them. In my city i know all the shitty potholes that i can't pass (even with a truck). Actually my car is somehow unusable as u can see, but i still want my baby to go lower...

flickr

Comment

<----Does not want to live in Bulgaria.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

heres my efforts

Comment

moar...

flickr

Comment

are all these rims you weld back up safe to drive on again?

Comment

non of them are mine and non of them are weld by me, but yes they are completely safe to drive...

flickr

Comment

:-|

I like em dropped.

Comment

Working...
                              X