Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues...

Hey guys,

Since this is my first time really stretching now, i am having an issue.

I got my 10" wide wheels, and stuck sum 235/40 on them, but i cant get them to pop out.

I know, theres tricks out there to do this. Spray somthing inside the wheel, and light it, and blow the tire on, but i havnt done this before, and i am looking for advice

Or any other "safer" way ofcourse.

92' E36 320 Coúpe - 2,2l storked - Ebay headers - WARchip - KN filter - 328i decat exhaust - Lightweight M3 flywheel - Coil Overs - Rondell 58 17"

Ive seen my friend shoot brake clean inside and the spray a line away from the tire and light it.
    looks cool just make sure you have some weight on the tire

Comment

Wow no other solution?

92' E36 320 Coúpe - 2,2l storked - Ebay headers - WARchip - KN filter - 328i decat exhaust - Lightweight M3 flywheel - Coil Overs - Rondell 58 17"

Comment

Use an air canister to blow the bead on, use a cheater beader, Like a large rubber ring that acts as a bead, as you inflate, the tire pushes the rubber ring out and seals. Maybe racher strap around the tire to put pressure on it, Heard of that before..

There are many options, this topic has come up before... and 235/40 isnt that big of a stetch... Its decent, but not the biggest Ive seen.
        Originally posted by anth
        Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxer View Post
          Use an air canister to blow the bead on, use a cheater beader, Like a large rubber ring that acts as a bead, as you inflate, the tire pushes the rubber ring out and seals. Maybe racher strap around the tire to put pressure on it, Heard of that before..

There are many options, this topic has come up before... and 235/40 isnt that big of a stetch... Its decent, but not the biggest Ive seen.
          Oh i know its by far not the wildest stretch ever. But i have to honest, i dont know what this bead you speak off is?

And btw, we already tried the racher strap, didnt work

Comment

Easiest way to do it is the air canister.

Im not 100 % where you can get the rubber beaders from, some people use bicycle tubes aswell.
            Originally posted by anth
            Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

surprisingly, i've never had issues at the wheel shop with a 225/40 on a 10". the guy just airs it up like usual and it pop onto the bead. my tire shop also has one of these lying around, but they've never used it before: http://www2.northerntool.com/auto-re...m-145999-1.htm

Comment

Originally posted by cheez80 View Post
                surprisingly, i've never had issues at the wheel shop with a 225/40 on a 10". the guy just airs it up like usual and it pop onto the bead. my tire shop also has one of these lying around, but they've never used it before: http://www2.northerntool.com/auto-re...m-145999-1.htm
                I put 205 on 8,5" rim with no issues, but for the rears im hitting this problem. We have tried various things, but with no luck.

Comment

Cheetah FTW

Comment

Any tire shop worth going to could make that stretch, and if they couldnt then a cheetah is the only way to go... leave the fire mounting to the boys with the mudders out on the trails (its how we do it out there)

Comment

The tires were mounted at a shop (where my friend works) but we could not get them on..

I'll have to figure somthing out.. Pics/video of ideas might help me out

Comment

Working...
                      X