Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D2 Racing Coilovers, Anyone heard of them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D2 Racing Coilovers, Anyone heard of them?

I was doing my usual ebay searching and came across these... in the small world of Volvo parts there are really only KW V2's for like 1900 bucks but then I came across these...

Anyone heard of D2 Racing? They have a website http://www.d2racing.com/

Just curious of what people think about them if anyone has seen their products... you also gotta understand that when my only choices for lowering are springs, KW Coilovers or a custom solution... to find something this affordable it is very tempting.

Thanks
    -John

Follow Me On Instagram! @jvc8790 #jvcphotography

I got d2 coilovers in my ride. There good, for the price you pay for them. Abit stiff even at the softest setting. But if your roads are all smooth, then it shouldnt be a problem.

Comment

ehh Chicago roads aren't at all smooth, but I'm young and Volvo seats are soft... haha

I was just surprised since there aren't many options out there so I wanted to see if anyone else had had a good experience with these.

-John

Comment

In response to what you asked on Facebook...this seems like a good option for you. I'm going to be honest, the Koni Coils that I built are anything but comfortable. The problem is that there's no "dampening spring" and the spring rates were never really figured out (I was the second to build them).

If you're looking to be a trend setter and find something new for the V community, try these out. If you eventually plan to get something different...I say get some IPD's, cut a couple coils for a little moar low...and save your pennies for the bigger picture

Comment

Originally posted by Mattphi View Post
          In response to what you asked on Facebook...this seems like a good option for you. I'm going to be honest, the Koni Coils that I built are anything but comfortable. The problem is that there's no "dampening spring" and the spring rates were never really figured out (I was the second to build them).

If you're looking to be a trend setter and find something new for the V community, try these out. If you eventually plan to get something different...I say get some IPD's, cut a couple coils for a little moar low...and save your pennies for the bigger picture
          I figured that even if I go with these, I can eventually do air over coil if I want to go that route... but I think if I can save up enough in the near future I'll go with these and see how they are, set a trend and try something new... I just have to see if I can get them at any time from D2 opposed to the only way I found them through eBay auction ending in 12 days.

I think I'm going to give them a shot if I can get my hands on a set when I have enough saved up.

Comment

I would also advise calling them to make sure the listing is legit (D2 directly @ 919-544-4171).

Even though those photos are usually just "default" pictures, you have to remember that our suspension has the separated springs/shocks.

IMO you should call and ask them if there really is such an application, or if someone is just posting BS.

Comment

I have d2 coilovers on my civic and like them. me personally have the dampening cranked all the way up. and its stiff but doesnt bother me. i think you will be happy with them. i know they go low on hondas.

Comment

D2 are similar to the other Taiwan/Chinese knockoffs: Ksport, Megans, etc... all pretty much made in the same factory. Alot of people use them though.

Personally I believe in "you get what you pay for." Do you really need 36 way damper adjust? If I were you... save up for the KWs...

Comment

ksport/d2, are pretty much the same thing. i like my ksports, they go beyond slammed and the ride isn't all that bad

Comment

Working...
                  X