Helper spring help )))

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helper spring help )))

I've recently got my new coilovers and the lowering the provide isn't enough for me.

Can I remove the helper spring to drop the car more and will it lead to any troubles?

Thanks for any input that helps!
    ---We buy parts we don't need with money we don't have to impress people we don't know---

take them out :p

itll be fineee

Comment

You can take em out, with no trouble.
      the helper spring is there to support the main spring.
      when you jack up the car, the helper spring will expand way more then the main spring, thus holding the spring in place, helping it to seat properly when you put the car back on the ground.
      If you remove it, just make sure that the main spring is seated correctly, after you put the car back on the ground.
      Looking at that picture, you will need to remove the plate that is in between the spring.
      If you decide to remove the helper spring, i would recommend trimming the bump stop in half.

hope that helped.
      -Instagram@jdjurhuus
      Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

I was wondering when your new stuff would arrive

I like em dropped.

Comment

Thanks, guys, for your advise! I've installed the suspension with helper springs removed and the ride is great.

I will show you the result in couple days as soon as I have pics of my car slammed.

Dave_The_BMXER, I had to wait for KW to produce coilovers for me. They didn't have them in stock. It took more than 2 months
          ---We buy parts we don't need with money we don't have to impress people we don't know---

Comment

Next time you have the car in the air, don't worry if you hear a lot popping noise coming from the front suspension, it is the springs snapping back in place.

Comment

Working...
            X