Dear god i'm happy!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear god i'm happy!!!!!

Ok, so I just got out of a meeting here at my work. As some of you remember me saying in some threads earlier this month, I just got a promotion. I work for Comcast, and I was formerly a generalist, and I recently got promoted to the retention team here. Well, I was in a "training" period the last month, and though my "training" period was taking live calls and handling customer's accounts no differently than I do now, effective Aug. 22nd, I officially became a retention agent. Anywho, heres what I was initially told upon coming to this department.

"You'll receive a 10% hourly pay increase, and you'll now receive generous comission."

That was the extent of what I was told. But hey, any improvement in pay is a good thing.

Well, at the end of my meeting, my supervisor kept me and two others aside (us new kids in the department) and went over the comission structure. Even though we weren't elgible for comission this past month because of the "training" period (i'll get my first comission check at the end of Sep), he still wanted to go over the numbers with us. Now, in retention, you earn commission off of the revenue you save for the company, and your paid differently on the different types of service you save (analog cable, digital cable, internet and phone), and because of the revenue I saved for the company with the different types of services I saved, I would have had a $4,000+ payout in comission in addition to my hourly rate check. Wow.

To give you a basic idea, my comission check would be more than double of what i'm currently earning on just the hourly rate. Basically i'm going to go from making $1,600-$2,000/month to making $4,600-$5,000 a month.

Gahhh i'm so stoked, I just had to share this with everyone!!!
    MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
    Instagram - @osshwa

Congrats man, makin money always feels good

Comment

Originally posted by seandub View Post
      congrats man, makin money always feels good
      +167928471924124912
      Originally posted by da3bous
      I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

Yesssirrrrr Congrats man!

Comment

I'm jealous!

That's like... 6 times the amount I make in a month.

Congrats man.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

Awesomee!
            Life has given you lemons & I suggest you make lemonade
            ... if you catch my drift...

Comment

Right on, congrats mang
              [

Comment

yea congrats champ. gotta love getting a wage top-up.
                Clinton
                1st Aussie on here
                Im Back!

Comment

Congratulations,man.

Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
                  I'm jealous!

That's like... 6 times the amount I make in a month.

Congrats man.
                  um. what do you do? i thought they pay pretty good in Germany

Comment

u gotta buy little something something for the car, will ya ?

Comment

Originally posted by s4cr View Post
                      Congratulations,man.

um. what do you do? i thought they pay pretty good in Germany
                      Heh, made a mistake, it's only about 4 times as much as I make, lol.

I'm an apprentice phone technican in my last year, next year I'll be a certified phone technican... if I pass my exams that is, lol.

Making about 800€ per month now... for an apprentice that's actually over the average. Can't wait until I get a real shop after this apprenticeship, then I'll finally get real money.

Comment

Originally posted by sergov View Post
                        u gotta buy little something something for the car, will ya ?
                        Thanks everyone!!! Whats crazy is i've only been at Comcast since April. They promoted me within 4 months of me being there.

And sergov.....nahh. Not for my current car. As far as the current car goes, i'm going to have the front bumper repainted (it was backed into TWICE since April) and have my little door ding on my passenger's door that I recently obtained removed via dent masters, and then once I find the next car i'm looking for, its time to trade it in.

Now, I change my mind like once a week on what I want my next car to be.....I was thinking RX-8 there for a bit, but another car has already taken the reigns in my mind.
                        Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

Originally posted by OSSHWA View Post
                          I was thinking RX-8 there for a bit, but another car has already taken the reigns in my mind.
                          Dude, you're worse than me with changing of plans.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
                            Dude, you're worse than me with changing of plans.
                            Haha I know. My friends harp on me all the time. Its true what they say.......i'll change my mind like 50 times......but then once I actually get the car.....well, then i'm stuck with it whether I like it or not.

But in all seriousness, i'll probably stick with the RX-8 plan. I always wind up going back to that idea, even if it means tweaking the plan a bit to hold my interest. But i'm thinking a lightning yellow model w/ the sport package (lip kit/sunroof/fogs/rear spoiler), some Stance GR+ coilovers, and iForged Aeros in race gold/polished lip. 19"x9.5"F/19"x10.5"R w/ custom offsets, JDM corner lenses, HKS Legamax cat-back, Titek stainless header and an HKS racing suction reloaded intake just for starters. Probably won't do much else with it honestly. I like an OEM+ look/feel to my cars. Plus I want to get a bike too
                            Last edited by OSSHWA; 08-28-2009, 11:49 AM.
                            Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

Originally posted by aschroeder92 View Post
                              +167928471924124912

Congrats dude, I recently started a new job aswell.. Cant wait to get more hours up and start raking it in.
                              Originally posted by anth
                              Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Working...
                              X