Rubbing Fenders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubbing Fenders

So i have a 1992 BMW 325i . The car is completely fine besides my front tires rubbing my fenders on turns. I want to roll my fenders but dont really have the money for that. Im saving fo coil-overs so i can buy them by december.

I have my car lowered around 2" and its sitting on 18x8 BBS Lm Reps with a et38. My tires are 225/40/18 and my rear is rub free but the front is really annoying especially with a passenger.

Any Suggestions on what i should or could do about my front fenders or suspension set-up, for the time being before i get coil overs?
    sigpic

Roll your fenders with a baseball bat etc.

Get some 205/35/18s.

Raise the car. Throw in some springs pads or something to bring it up.

Get camber plates or modify your struts to get a little camber.

IG: @_olliee

Comment

Let it rub til it stops rubbing.

04' 350z
      89' s13 Coupe - Sold

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
      That would liven things up a bit. I could go for a shooting right now.

Comment

My car rubs so much I don't even hear it anymore, I almost find it weird riding in other cars and not hearing it rub.
        -Brandon-

Comment

Originally posted by Ollie View Post
          Roll your fenders with a baseball bat etc.

Get some 205/35/18s.

Raise the car. Throw in some springs pads or something to bring it up.

Get camber plates or modify your struts to get a little camber.
          This.

Anytime the wheel or tire is flush with the fender and you're low, you'll need either camber and/or stretch to compensate, otherwise you'll run the risk of crunching the fender.

Comment

Originally posted by RedE46Bimmer View Post
            My car rubs so much I don't even hear it anymore, I almost find it weird riding in other cars and not hearing it rub.
            This.
            Originally posted by anth
            Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

i just ignore the rubbing

i only notice it when i got to wash the car and there is little bits of rubber on the fender
              Drinking Enthusiast with a Car Problem

Comment

Originally posted by 180roman View Post
                i just ignore the rubbing

i only notice it when i got to wash the car and there is little bits of rubber on the fender

Comment

Haha thanks guys for the advice , greatly appreciated.

Its been about like 1-2 weeks and i have noticed that i rubbed down the tire soo much that it barely rubs and just like RedE46Bimmer said .. i got used to the sound so it really doesn't bother me BUT im still going to possibly roll my fenders for the time being and then i am getting coil-overs since i would not mind raising the car a little for the winter.
                  sigpic

Comment

That seam midway through the brand name is like a flap where the inner fender has cut into the side wall lol. It has since been beaten in with a hammer.
                    -Brandon-

Comment

get the fenders rolled dude, ( the right way,)
                      its cheaper than getting the fender repaired when your tire catches it wrong. it only takes one time for the lip to get pulled down and out by the tire,

seen it too many times.
                      Yeah, i'm that guy you've heard about that rolls and pulls fenders in SoCal , hit me up .

Comment

rubbing fenders is where its at just leave it haha, heres my efforts

Comment

Originally posted by RedE46Bimmer View Post
                          lol! so true

Comment

I took a mallet to the rear fenders on my Grand Marquis. I'm about ready to order new springs anyway. I just have to figure out what spring rates I should get made.
                            StanceWorks wannabe

Comment

Thanks for your responses!
                              Unfortunately im going to give up my stance for now being that while i was at school by dad bought 1" coil boosters and installed them the clearance is great now and i really cant complain since this is only temporary till i get more money for coil-overs, rolling fenders, wider rims, and other great stuff

Being that im only 16 im very happy with how my car is so far and it does catch peoples attention all the time, now i know how all you guys feel! lol
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X