I'm pretty stoked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm pretty stoked

So I am pretty excited so I thought I'd make a thread about it and seeing as it is about wheels this seemed to be the appropriate place. I just received and e-mail from a guy off a Corvette forum and he has a set of 17x8.5 and 17x9.5 Sawblades he will let go for 50 bucks + shipping. You better believe I am taking this deal! I should have some sawblades in a few weeks then I've gotta polish the shit out of them, get adapters and tires.

He sent me pictures of the fronts, which he said had a bit of clear coat peeling. I can get pictures of the rears on request.

Last edited by supercharge2go; 06-02-2009, 07:30 PM.
    Neuspeed Supercharged 2.0L MkIV Jetta
    2.4 inch pulley | C2 #42 tune | Bosch 440cc injectors | Vr6 MAF | Snow Performance Stg 1 water/meth | Autotech 260 cam | GLI exhaust | CAI | Vr6 clutch/g60 14lb flywheel | Stg 1 polyurethane dogbone motor mount

Shelley,

I hope you die.

Mike

Comment

wayyy overpriced

Its going to be sick

Comment

Other people had wanted anywhere from 200-500 dollars just for the wheels alone without tires or adapters. I knew if I waited a good deal would come along. And Mike, you have like 3 or 4 sets of RS's so you shut up
        2.4 inch pulley | C2 #42 tune | Bosch 440cc injectors | Vr6 MAF | Snow Performance Stg 1 water/meth | Autotech 260 cam | GLI exhaust | CAI | Vr6 clutch/g60 14lb flywheel | Stg 1 polyurethane dogbone motor mount

Comment

Thats incredible though are you picking them up or having them shipped?

Comment

I picked mine up for $340...

Comment

He is going to ship them to me. I need to ask him where he is located. Maybe I will luck out and he will be close. I imagine after shipping and all it will be a just a little over 100 dollars for the wheels. Then I have to start saving for tires and adapters. I'm gonna run either 33mm or 35mm with a 205/45 up front and a 215/45 on the rear. This guy on the tex is running those tires with a 35mm adapter. I can't decide if it's took much poke or just right.

Comment

Just right, assuming you go just a little lower than him.

Comment

I should be able to. I'm not against taking helper springs and shit like that out to get low.

Comment

Hell yeah, no compromises. What coils do you have?

Comment

JOM coil overs. Yes I know they aren't some big name brand but they go low and the ride is not bad at all. Plus, I got them for 500 shipped to my door and installed them myself!

Comment

wow, never would have thought about putting vette wheels on a vw. love the look!
                        2011 Outback 2.5i 6MT #subarubaru - daily/off-pavement adventure vehicle
                        2001 BMW 325i Wagon 6MT #daswagoon - wife's #becauseracewagon
                        1996 Suburban 2500 TD #superbbourbon - tow bitch/people hauler

Comment

Originally posted by supercharge2go View Post
                          JOM coil overs. Yes I know they aren't some big name brand but they go low and the ride is not bad at all. Plus, I got them for 500 shipped to my door and installed them myself!
                          Not bad at all, I know a kid who ran them on his Mk3 2.0. Nice ride, and, yeah, they do go low.

Comment

Working...
                          X